What's new

Tumult reviews (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Joseph,

Dan is right. I posted my impressions of my Tumult both before and after I fried the VC. Beforehand, it was and still is the cleanest bass I've ever heard. I heard zero distortion even when pushing it with 2500W. Try that with an Ultra or any other single driver SVS sub.

It was when I turned up the volume a couple of more dB that one of the VC's gave up. Even then the sub was pounding away pretty hard. It was just making a clanking sound at the same time! :)

And Dan is right about another issue. The Tumult was designed for maximum performance in minimum real estate.

Also, why anyone would come in the DIY forum and recommend any pre-built sub in such a thread as this escapes me.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Before wasting time on responding to certain messages, I search for the member's other posts to see if it would be worthwhile, or even understood. In this case, it saved me some effort. Try it. ;)

Joseph_ P

Stunt Coordinator
it seemed to me that certain people are having some serious customer service issues with a particular company, i just wanted to post an alternative. you don't have to like it!
but there are alternatives out there. if a certain company is lying to you on a daily basis about the availability
of their products then maybe one should look elsewhere for there bass fix, and SVS will definately sell you a great sub
and you can't beat their CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

SteveLindsay

Auditioning
I have purchased several Adire drivers in the past and have been very happy with them. And yes, I too have been waiting since the end of November for a driver. While I am trying to be patient I think it is a real shame that no one from Adire has been candid with the current Tumult shipping information.

In addition to my HT I am also interested in car audio. Since Brian Bunge's post about having Adire comment on this thread I have seen Dan W. post on multiple car audio forums in defense of his XBL motors and the benefits of DUMAX testing. I find it a bit offensive that he continues to "sell" the technology yet has no product or information when the product will ship. I would assume as this was the birthplace of the Tumult he hasn't forgotten about this forum. Has he posted somewhere on this forum and I missed it? I will continue to wait and I'm sure my HT will love the Tumult if it ever arrives, but I will not purchase again from Adire until they sort out their inventory and supplier problems or at least improve the communication with their paying customers.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
and you can't beat their CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
From comments made by them in the past, I would sooner buy a product from Brian Bunge or Kyle Richardson anyday. It may take longer for me to get the product but that's alright since the performance will MORE than make up for it. :)

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Since Brian Bunge's post about having Adire comment on this thread I have seen Dan W. post on multiple car audio forums in defense of his XBL motors and the benefits of DUMAX testing. I find it a bit offensive that he continues to "sell" the technology yet has no product or information when the product will ship. I would assume as this was the birthplace of the Tumult he hasn't forgotten about this forum. Has he posted somewhere on this forum and I missed it?
Rule of Acquisition #274 - It's easier to ignore the problem and hope it goes away than to actually address the questions and face potential "harm".

Ok, so maybe I made that up, however it seems true. Dan was here day in and day out when it was time to design this sub. Now that he has our money he doesn't feel the need to come here and talk to us any more. He doesn't have to keep us updated. He doesn't need to tell us what's going on. Why, because he has our money. Like it or not, that's the way it is.

Dan has a monopoly on the market. No one else has anything like the Tumult, so you're going to wait in line because you can't go anywhere else. If you cancel your order you're going to pay more for one later. You can't cancel and buy something else, because there isn't a "something else" to buy. Dan's not stupid. He knows the situation and taking full advantage of his "monopoly".

Seth

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I have seen Dan W. post on multiple car audio forums in defense of his XBL motors and the benefits of DUMAX testing. I find it a bit offensive that he continues to "sell" the technology yet has no product or information when the product will ship.
I just wanted to point out that there are several drivers that use XBL2 technology besides the Tumult. To say that he is selling "the technology" with no product available using it is inaccurate.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I just wanted to point out that there are a good number of drivers that use XBL2 technology besides the Tumult. To say that he is selling "the technology" with no product available using it is inaccurate.
This is true, however you don't hear the same glowing "ultra low distortion" reviews about the XXX subs that use the XBL^2 motor. I'm not sure what to make of it myself. Seem the Resonant Engineering boys managed to make XBL^2 powered subs that have none of the benefits of the motor. Even the Brahma doesn't get the same sort of reviews.

Seth

SteveLindsay

Auditioning
I just wanted to point out that there are several drivers that use XBL2 technology besides the Tumult. To say that he is selling "the technology" with no product available using it is inaccurate
Actually the Brahmas have been on "backorder" as well. They may be shipping again by now. My wording may have been a bit agressive though. Delays and QC seem to be a problem with many of the Destijl sourced drivers recently. Elemental Designs recently switched to TC sounds because of damage being done to their reputation.

If Destijl doesn't have voicecoils, or motor parts, or whatever, fine. These things happen. Why can't someone from Adire say "the parts are on a boat and they are expected xxxxx". That's all I'm asking. And if the parts don't arrive they can say "the parts on the boat didn't arrive and they should be here xxxxx". Just keep us in the loop. I don't think the delays are something Adire can control, but I do think they have a responsibility to keep their customers and distributors updated. Stryke had some problems recently with the AV series, but there were posts keeping people up to date with revised shipping info and warranty issues. If Adire doesn't know what is going on, they should pubicly say so and at the same time they should keep in constant communication with the buildhouse to let those who have been waiting what the issues are. Ultimately, the lack of communication and delays are hurting Adire's word of mouth reputation/marketing which is bad. I've spoken to David and Dan and find them both top guys with great products at reasonable prices.

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
This is true, however you don't hear the same glowing "ultra low distortion" reviews about the XXX subs that use the XBL^2 motor. I'm not sure what to make of it myself. Seem the Resonant Engineering boys managed to make XBL^2 powered subs that have none of the benefits of the motor. Even the Brahma doesn't get the same sort of reviews.
Since I just purchased an XXX 15, I can say it is a VERY low distortion sub vs other sub it was designed to compete against. With an Fs of 32 Hz, you are not going to see many reviews of using it in the house, but it is an awesome sub in the car audio world. Mine has actually been in my Tumult enclosure (2.5 ft^3, sealed) in the house, and with a little bass boost sounds much better than many other subs I can compare it to. . . .

The Brahma gets plenty of SQ reviews if you read Car audio forums. . . .

Brian

Marshall Joyner

Auditioning
:D yep...Brahma has several champion trophies from world finals in several different leagues of car audio competition from last year with Sound Quality and of course SPL.. (not bad for only coming out in what...March of last year)

DanW GSB

Auditioning
Alright, what is up with Adire? I've sat quietly for so long now. I'm tired of all these lies and delays without explanations. I can see that once again Adire failed us with last weeks update on Acoustic Vision's site. Someone in that company needs to grow some balls and face those of us that have been waiting and listening to their crap for so long now. I was expecting to receive this sub six months ago and still haven't seen or heard anything but a bunch of lies. Sure I met Dan and some of the Adire crew at CES, they seemed nice. But apparently appearances can be misleading. All I know is that if I don't hear from them soon, they will hear from me. I foresee a trip to Washington in the near future. How about a $350 butt kicking?

DanW GSB

Auditioning
lol...I was only joking about that last part. I'm just pissed, that's all. I just have to let them know that I'm angry because negative posts always stick out, and perhaps if the fact that they have some very pissed customers finally gets through their heads then they'll think twice about how they're handling this situation. I went through the trouble of emailing them for several weeks (something they should be doing for us), and finally received a response two weeks ago saying.....

"We've been shipping Tumults out the entire week; you should have received your tracking numbers from your original dealer (Kyle)."

Oh wow, that really tells me a lot. I've only been sitting here for a month now with a tracking number. Oh by the way, Adire can learn something from Kyle because he has been nothing but helpful and what do you know, someone that responds quickly to emails.

You know all it takes is is simple "Sorry sir, you don't have your Tumult because we've been sitting around with our thumbs up our holes. But I'll email you tomorrow and let you know if things change." And then follow up with an email the next day. That simple! Or better yet, respond to a forum. I've seen Dan respond to other topics on the Acoustic Visions forums but fails to respond or answer emails to any Tumult topics. Come on now, get with it Adire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks