What's new

The Complete "The Lord of the Rings: score - with 5.1 DVD (1 Viewer)

Harrison Shinn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harrison Shinn
I purchased the "Special Limited Internet Editions" when the album were first released. My copy of THE TWO TOWERS is brown and my ROTK is a burgundy/chocolate colour. I can't exactly remember what the additional exclusive content is that's included on these discs. They included copies of all of the multiple covers for the soundtracks of TTT and RotK on nice glossy card stock. Were these included with the retail store level limited editions?

Cheers!
Harry

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

No, the multiple cover cards were included ONLY with the Internet-only editions of TTT & RotK.

I always wished they had gone back and released an Internet SE of the FotR soundtrack, but they never did. :frowning:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I wonder why Amazon isn't lowering their discount. It's still just 10% off. I would've thought it'd be at least 30%. Where can it be had cheapest?

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered it from CDUniverse for about $49 shipped. I can't find a better price.

Anyone willing to wait, should check Costco for this after it comes out.

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
My order has shipped from CD Universe. I probably have to wait at least 3 to 7 days.

When someone gets it, post your comments.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Mine shipped yesterday as well from them. I'll keep you posted but it will probably take longer as I am in Canada.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Rob,
They broke it up into a release for each film, probably based on sticker shock :)

Just picked it up, and plan on listening a bit at work. The packaging is beautiful. Except for the DVD-A, with the rubber clamp for the disc. The CD's are protected in a smaller book, with the notes in a companioon manual. Great looking set.

Time to give her a whirl,
Chuck

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I was going to sample, but I started Disc Two, ran the whole thing, and then did the entirety of Disc Three. It was NOT a critical listen, as I worked during the listening period. But the soundtyrack really allows the music to breathe in each segment. There is some great new material on tracks 4 (The Fighting Uruk Hai [which has plenty of softer, elvish music]) and 5 Parth Galen (the end has the longer Boromir heroism stuff - what I was really waiting for).

In short, it's a pretty marvelous collection of some great music. Quite a few new variations on themes, plus some carryovers from the EEs, etc

Hopefully, I'll get a more detailed listen later.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Mmm... I wouldn't be surprised to see a combo boxed set appear at some point. Before the two Symphony nights at the Albert Hall in London last year, Shore did a talk at the Royal College of Music, which both Dan Brecher and myself attended. Shore seemed to be really looking forward to the release of the 12-disc set and seemed justifiably very proud of the work that was going into it.

I'll get this for sure, but I'll hang on a bit to see if the price drops a little.

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
As for the 12/9 disc set, I think they decided they could sell more sets if they broke them up.

While I was ready to pay $150 for all three, it is easier to spend $45 every few months.

In addition, if the first set does poorly, they can kill plans for the rest, which would really suck.

So get out there and buy 'em!

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Well, to be honest the price is a lot higher than I was expecting. Amazon UK have it for £34. I was expecting it somewhere in the £20-25 range. Double-CDs routinely sell for less than £15 here so it seems they're cashing in on the DVD-A aspect. Personally I'd have preferred the multi channel to be released on it's own (at lower cost, obviously).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks