What's new

Shout! Factory TV Shows Thread (1 Viewer)

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
where did you find the info that season 2 of Here Come the Brides will be out next year? I will be very glad of that. I am still working my way through season 1 and would prefer having a decent set of season 2 when I get to season 2 next year

cliff mac

Insider
Randy Korstick said:
Cliff
Any chance of Shout resqueing: Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, My Three Sons and Green Acres?
Any of those would make my day
Not a very good chance.... sorry.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm not surprised, since CBS/P controls most of those choices and they've not seemed to be keen on licensing their 50's/60's stuff out. It is a shame though, because those are all series that deserve to see continuations.

Gary "thanks again for all the info you share with us, Cliff - Shout continues to be a real refuge for classic TV fans" O.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Cliff, is there any possibility of the pilot movie/TV movie of The Rookies being released (referring to The Rookies being a Shout title in 2012)? This question also applies to the S.W.A.T. pilot movie as well (a third season episode of The Rookies).

cliff mac

Insider
WaveCrest said:
Cliff, is there any possibility of the pilot movie/TV movie of The Rookies being released (referring to The Rookies being a Shout title in 2012)? This question also applies to the S.W.A.T. pilot movie as well (a third season episode of The Rookies).
We hope to include them.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
cliff mac said:
And for some more news.... coming in 2012... Police Woman S2, The Rookies S2 and S.W.A.T. S2
Wow!!! Cliff you have just made my year! I did not think I would ever see the word "SWAT Season 2" on a post about shows to be released. So many people contact me and ask me when it will ever be coming out and I never have any good news for them. Looking forward to a great 2012!!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to keep recording HCTB from Antenna as one never can be sure about something until you have it in your hands. At 30 cents a disc, I'll risk the $4.20, just in case. Now with all of these abandoned Sony shows being picked up by Shout, what about Family? That's the one I would most like to see as it has never been syndicated in anything other than pre-cut 44 minute hacked up versions.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
As I said before, Family is an intelligently-written show, and more often than not, those shows do poorly in terms of sales.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Brock /t/308539/shout-factory-tv-shows-thread/60#post_3860838
I'm going to keep recording HCTB from Antenna as one never can be sure about something until you have it in your hands. At 30 cents a disc, I'll risk the $4.20, just in case. Now with all of these abandoned Sony shows being picked up by Shout, what about Family? That's the one I would most like to see as it has never been syndicated in anything other than pre-cut 44 minute hacked up versions.
"Family" is also one that I've wanted to add as well. It's been a while since that 1st release, back in '06. Shout's about the only one left that could pull off a Sony graveyard resurrection. There's sure a lot of Sony's in that yard.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
As far as abandoned Sony shows are concerned, one has been taken care of (Barney Miller) and if I had a preference for more it would be (1) Hart To Hart and (2) Fantasy Island. Police Woman, Rookies, SWAT are in the okay category with me though not in the same league as those two.
And as for finishing titles that had one more release to go, we should also mention "Flying Nun".

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
It would also be great if Shout could pick up Bridget Loves Bernie, which was planned and then cancelled several years ago. My thought is that it was authored, packaged and all set to be released when Sony pulled the plug for some reason. All of the work is probably already done and all Shout would have to do is negotiate for the rights.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Oh and I forgot, there's also the last season of CHarlie's Angels. That ill-considered reimagining did nothing for the show on DVD as it's been canceled already!

newwavepopman

Auditioning
Real Name
Kenny
Hello there.I have been dying to see the release of the second season of Baretta to come out onto DVD,but it too has been stalled for a very long time.Also these following shows as well I would like to see more releases from that have stalled.
The Mod Squad
Growing Pains 3rd Season
Family Ties Seasons 6 And 7
Vegas
Mister Ed
Barnaby Jones
My opinion is this on releases of shows on DVD is this.If a TV show comes out with the release of even the first season onto DVD ,then the rest of the seasons of that tv series should come out onto DVD as well.I look at things this way.Don't start something and then ignore it,if you have no intention of releasing more episodes and seasons onto DVD.Just put them out at some point.Fans of these shows like myself shouldn't be ignored and put off.Fans need to be listened to when speaking and heard.When they request more shows of a tv series then please respond back with an answer at least.Stop putting them off.We would like to know when a series such as a Baretta ,will be coming out with more episodes,and onto DVD in the future.All questions and requests deserve some kind of a response period.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I can't believe the news. SWAT S2, The Rookies S2, and Here Comes the Brides S2 all coming next year. Very happy, never thought I would see them on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks