Shout! Factory TV Shows Thread

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by WaveCrest, Feb 3, 2011.

1. vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001 Supporting Actor

No, there isn't. Unless sales pick up, and Shout's relationship with Fox is in good standing again.
    And don't expect Fox themselves to finish it, there's no way in the world is Fox gonna finish what Shout started. Not no way, not know how.
    Finally, you already answered your own question:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/312380/anyone-feel-a-bit-letdown-by-shout-select/180#post_3842228

2. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    Sure is great news about those cop shows coming next year, especially Police Woman and SWAT! Currently enjoying the Police Story release very much, every cop show fan and every home cop or not should have it.

3. Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger Screenwriter

Jack
    Not sure How I missed this! I have been wanting more POLICE WOMAN forever! I bought Season 1 the day it was released Was it back in 2002? It feels like it haha

Will let a few friends know about SWAT S 2 Also.

4. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
    Of what I've seen of Police Story: Season One on DVD so far, pretty impressed.

And if Shout's second season set of The Rookies is anything like Sony's first season set, it will look very good. Have tested out some of the episodes on disc 1 of the Sony first season set, and the picture/print is pretty clear and clean.

TVShowsOnDVD news article about Here Comes the Brides, Police Woman, The Rookies and S.W.A.T., posted on their website last Friday:

Site News - Shout! Rep Says to Expect Season 2 Sets for Several Stalled Sony Shows - TVShowsOnDVD.com news article

5. Mary_P

Mary_P Second Unit

When I saw the "Site News" item about stalled Sony shows, my first thought was that I hoped the list included "Here Come the Brides." I've been watching/recording the second season from Antenna TV too, but I'd always rather have a legit, commercially-produced disc set. Fantastic news that it's coming! Yay, Shout!

6. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Cinematographer

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Police Story the first Sony series that Shout actually started from the beginning with all of the others being continuations of abandoned shows? I would love for them to do a little more of that, especially with some of those great 60s sitcoms that Sony hasn't touched.

7. JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes Cinematographer
    Supporter

Ray
    I think, at least, Dennis was started by Shout!

8. cliff mac

cliff mac Insider
    Insider

Incorrect.... We started DESIGINING WOMEN, PARKER LEWIS, DANA CARVEY SHOW, MY TWO DADS and MALCOLM & EDDIE... unfortunately only one of the shows continues to sell, so more seasons are coming on DW.... and DANA CARVEY was only one season.

9. cliff mac

cliff mac Insider
    Insider

DENNIS THE MENACE did not come from Sony.
    It came to us from Hank's estate.

10. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
  11. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Cinematographer

Nice. Never watched Police Woman when it was on but I did enjoy the first season set and am looking forward to the rest of the series (hopefully).
    So, now Shout is mining the Sony vaults, Timeless is cranking away with Universal, CBS is still plugging away their own stuff and Warner Archives is slowly putting out some titles. So, we are still getting our classic shows. From everyone, that is, except...FOX

12. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

I want the rest of The Big Valley and The Fall Guy—even if it means half-season sets!

13. Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger Screenwriter

Jack
    I'm so excited over the POLICE WOMAN Season 2 Announcement over at TvshowsonDVD!

14. Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino Second Unit

Hopefully, Shout! will get the rights of Sony´s "Hart to Hart-Season 3-5" as well.
    I´ve already own Season 1 of "Police Woman". Haven´t watched it yet because there´re so many series that I gotta watch.
    But I´ll purchase Season 2.......

15. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    Excellent news about Police Woman, I love these shows with a lead character going undercover as she would often do, always make for exciting storylines. Goes for other series with female stars too, like The Bionic Woman or Charlie's Angels, proved to be a very popular formula you can do just about anything with it.

16. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
    Would like to suggest Whiz Kids for release by Shout! Factory. Any possible music clearance problems?

17. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes
    I mentioned this on another Thread but how about some Aviation-Themed TV Series including:
    Blue Angels
    Chopper One
    Ripcord
    Spencer's Pilots
    Whirlybirds

18. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    I used to watch Spencer's Pilots all the time as a kid, would really love to see it again. A much remembered show with a likeable main cast.

19. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
  20. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
    The artwork for Police Woman: Season Two is very much in keeping with that of Sony's first season set.

Am hoping that with this set being released in February, that The Rookies and S.W.A.T. follow on before mid-Spring. And also the second season of Police Story (depending on sales of the first season set).