What's new

Shout! Factory TV Shows Thread (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Police Woman: Season Two is now available for DVD pre-order on Amazon.com with a pre-order price of $40.49.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Was surprised myself by how much it is on Amazon.com compared to the price for Kojak: Season Two and Police Story: Season One before they were released on Region 1.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
WaveCrest said:
Was surprised myself by how much it is on Amazon.com compared to the price for Kojak: Season Two and Police Story: Season One before they were released on Region 1.
The price may still drop before release date...I've pre-ordered a few things that ended up being cheaper than my order price (and Amazon always gives you the lowest price).

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
The Adventures of Tintin: Season Two is coming out on DVD on February 21, 2012: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Adventures-Tintin-Season-2/16221
Darby

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Updated list of forthcoming Shout! Factory TV DVD sets (source: Amazon.com):

January 2012:

Adam-12: Season Six - Tuesday 17th January
Dennis the Menace: Season Four - Tuesday 10th January
Kojak: The Complete Movie Collection - Tuesday 24th January

February 2012:

The Adventures of Tintin: Season Two - Tuesday 21st February
Hazel: The Complete Second Season - Tuesday 21st February
Here Come the Brides: The Complete Second Season - Tuesday 28th February
Police Woman: The Complete Second Season - Tuesday 7th February.

March 2012:

Kojak: Season Three - Tuesday 20th March.

Fingers crossed the second season of Police Story follows not long after the third season Region 1 set of Kojak.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Ian K McLachlan said:
Disappointed that the last season of Mr. Ed is not on it.
Cue "Shout's relationship with Fox has gone south" conspiracies. Even Brian Ward says it's a bunch of nonsense.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
WaveCrest said:
Updated list of forthcoming Shout! Factory TV DVD sets (source: Amazon.com):
January 2012:
February 2012:
Police Woman: The Complete Second Season - Tuesday 7th February.
March 2012:
Kojak: Season Three - Tuesday 20th March.
Fingers crossed the second season of Police Story follows not long after the third season Region 1 set of Kojak.
I sure hope that list includes SWAT Season Two soon. Shout did an amazing job on Kojak Season 2 so my hopes are really high for SWAT.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Updated list of forthcoming Shout! Factory TV DVD sets (source: Amazon.com with the exception of Simon & Simon: Season Six (source: Shout! Select website page and TVShowsOnDVD):

January 2012:

February 2012:

Police Woman: The Complete Second Season - Tuesday 7th February
Simon & Simon: Season Six (Shout! Select title) - Tuesday 21st February

March 2012:

Kojak: Season Three - Tuesday 20th March
Mystery Science Theatre 3000: XXIII - Tuesday 27th March

April 2012:

Adam-12: The Final Season (Season Seven) - Tuesday 10th April.
Designing Women: The Complete Sixth Season - Tuesday 3rd April

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Read on the Shout! Community forum last year, in a thread about Simon & Simon: Season 6, that there was a 90 minute behind the scenes episode which aired at the end of the sixth season. Cliff, if it were possible to get the rights to this behind the scenes special, could this be included as an extra in the DVD set?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
vnisanian2001 said:
Cue "Shout's relationship with Fox has gone south" conspiracies. Even Brian Ward says it's a bunch of nonsense.
Which, we can debate the believability of what he says until the cows come home. I believe what Cliff McMillan posts. Brian, not so much.
As for Mr. Ed, the last season is only 13 shows and I think they might have been better off adding two discs and just raising the price on the season five set. At least this way, we would have gotten it out instead of it being stuck in limbo as it appears to be now.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
They could, like you said earlier, put the 8 edited episodes from S1 onto S6. At least 7 of the 8 (in their original unedited form) can currently be watched for free on the official video viewing site Hulu.
And if you hate Brian Ward so much, why don't you write to Shout Factory, demanding them to fire and blacklist him from the industry for alleged incompetence?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
vnisanian2001 said:
And if you hate Brian Ward so much, why don't you write to Shout Factory, demanding them to fire and blacklist him from the industry for alleged incompetence?
A) I don't hate the guy. B) I said nothing about his competence, only his ability to be forthright with the truth.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Would like to suggest the mid 70's series Joe Forrester (which starred Lloyd Bridges) for release by Shout. It started off as a 90 minute episode on Police Story (the show's second season finale "The Return of Joe Forrester").

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I actually just started watching those from the LBS syndicated airings in the 80s. Cut to around 46 minutes but otherwise great quality. Okay show, very similar to The Blue Knight.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Well unfortunately, not even Cliff MacMillan has come forward and said upfront, or implied, that Shout's relationship with Fox has gone south. And at the risk of being called a Fox apologist, I'm sorry, but until someone from Shout! comes forward and says so, I don't believe it, I'm sorry.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A Police Story spin-off related suggestion for a series to be released on DVD by Shout - David Cassidy - Man Undercover, which started off as a two hour episode of Police Story called "A Chance to Live" (from that show's fifth season, the 1977-78 season).

Also, another short-lived series called Leg Work (starring Margaret Colin). It was shown on CBS, but on it's IMDb company credits page 20th Century Fox Television is listed as the production company.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Post #110 of this thread updated with some of Shout's new titles for March and April (including Adam-12: The Final Season, which was announced yesterday (9th January).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks