What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (9 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I think I know the answer. Okay, are you site you want to forfeit a tie?"Because my life is back there, and I want that life!'All Our Yesterday's ?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I had separated All Our Yesterdays out of the question because we had had it before as the one instance of no scenes on the Enterprise at all. There is one more case where we see people aboard the ship, but Kirk is never among them.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lee,Well, like The Empath, it was almost The Apple -- but not quite. How about:

Plato's Stepchildren
Nelson,I put my answer in a spoiler in case you want to continue working on it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay, if it's a tie, I'll toss out a question:We've seen many crew members using the Jefferies tube in TOS. Name all the instances we see someone in the tube, or performing repairs?There's two categories of tubes, the more common one is the diagonal. And then there is a vertical type which seemed to be used to pass through decks. The question concerns the diagonal type, but for fun, name the times we see the vertical in use.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You might at least say Thank You! Well Lee, that one I wasn't sure about. I think it's technically likely a tube of the Jefferies type. But it was called a service access crawl way. It was on my list of maybes. I'll give it to you because I wanted to add it. And it's a longitudinal type rather then the diagonal type.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,How about the technician(s) that Charlie Evans sees moving a long pole in Charlie X? Also, would the one that we see Gav in (Journey To Babel) after he has been assassinated count?

I watched Marvik and Natira last night. I have a question about the first episode. When Dr. Jones and many of the crew are sitting in the room relaxing, how is it that she knows Spock is wearing his IDIC? This is the dialogue to which I am referring:

Dr. Jones: I was just noticing your Vulcan IDIC, Mr. Spock. Is it a reminder that, as a Vulcan, you can mind-link with the Medusans far better than I could?
Kirk: Well, I doubt that Mr. Spock would don the most revered of all Vulcan symbols merely to annoy you, Dr. Jones.Spock: As a matter of fact,I wear it this evening to honour you, Doctor.Dr. Jones: Indeed?Kirk: Very interesting. I might even say fascinating, but back to your mission.

I don't think her sensor net (if I may refer to it as that) could have picked this up, could it? My only explanation is that being a telepath, she could read that Spock was somehow thinking about it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"You got a deal friend! "Yes, the Charlie X scene counts, as one of your favorite musical passages occurs there too! :)And Gav's murder in Journey to Babel also counts.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
It was a horizontal one in That Which Survives. Is it a different set or the same set on a new angle? I could never tell. I didn't disqualify it because of the terminology since "Jeffries Tube" was just a fan term anyway.Diagonal uses include Mirror, Mirror, Court Martial, The Doomsday Machine, and The Ultimate Computer.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Oh, Scott, I was thinking about Dr. Jones and the IDIC. Couldn't her sensor web register it? It's a three-dimensional object composed of a different substance from the clothing on which it rests. Her sensor might well pick up its existence and general shape, and with her experience on Vulcan, that might be enough to recognize it for what it is.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I'm pretty sure the service access crawl way was an entirely new set for That Which Survives. But I think it qualifies a tube. :)Your answers are correct Lee, Doomsday Machine, Court Martial, and Ultimate Computer.I'm a doctor, not an engineer! I totally forgot about Mirror Mirror. Great catch. Two more on my list and these are the bonus ones as they are less obvious tubes.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
And I agree with Lee regarding how Dr. Jones was able to visualize the IDIC. She probably has touched one before and was familiar with the shape.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
And for fun, "ants crawling all over my body!"

thatwhichsurviveshd1255.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks