What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (4 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Did we complete your question at this point? If so, who is next?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I think all obvious answers have been given. I know on Friday or so, you had suggested that we not close on this question yet as there might be a few other possible answers for situations where Kirk was manipulated into falling in love with a women. Based on the discussions over the weekend, I was thinking there might be two more iffy answers. As to who would be next, Scott you edged ahead on Friday with your answers. So you'd be next.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

Okay. Name the episode of TOS from which the following two images are taken.

70obr13.jpg

70obr09.jpg

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just for my sake of closure, I'll throw out the two iffy answers of situations where Kirk was manipulated into love. The first is Lenore. I was thinking that while Kirk does woo her, doesn't she also use the situation to get close to Kirk so she can get at Riley and Kirk in her crazed quest?And then there was Janice Lester. Did she use Kirk when they were younger as a way to get into a command position, her later crazed quest was accomplished, but by other means.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,I like your take on Janice Lester. I think it has some credence, especially given the following lines. Of course, I don't think these lines speak specifically to Lester manipulating the person of Kirk. But it's food for thought nevertheless.

"The Enterprise is proceeding to its next mission, on the course set before I took over command. Now the years I spent studying every detail of the ship's operation will be tested. With a little experience, l will be invulnerable to suspicion. At last I attain what is my just due -- command of a starship. All the months of preparation now come to fruition."
Nelson and Lee,Negative on And the Children Shall Lead and Spock's Brain.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Lenore is certainly right. Kirk thinks he is the one doing the manipulating, but it turns out to have been the reverse. You may also be right about Janice Lester although her behavior implies that, whether she is happy about it now or not, she did have genuine feelings for him.Journey to Babel?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
thumb_letthatbeyourlastbattlefieldhd0564.jpg

thumb_letthatbeyourlastbattlefieldhd0318.jpg

Just had to allay my concerns that I was losing my own mind! These are stills from Let That Be Your Last Battlefield. I will still continue working on the source of the question's photos, but some of the other episodes named may also have used the same images. (The viewscreen still is slightly different but it's just a screen capture from a slightly different moment in the underscreen light sequence.)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson and Lee,My images were not taken from either The Mark Of Gideon or Let That Be Your Last Battlefield. It's interesting to me how many of your collective answers have been taken from season three.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
My reasons for leaning to the third season is that shot of the Enterprise looks like a third season shot of the model. Like Lee has thought, it looks like a shot from Battlefield, right near when Scotty says, and at Warp 9, we're going nowhere mighty fast! On a quick aside, I was listening to For The World is Hollow the other day. I know we discussed how each episode ends and that's it, we never see the results of our heroes efforts later on from their lives. So I wondered for the first time, had McCoy come back to Yonada a year later, would Natira might has introduced McCoy to their child? :)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
The shot was also used in a few second season episodes (why I guessed Journey to Babel), but I think it got a lot more use in the third season. There were a couple of new Enterprise shots done in the third year, but the vast majority came from the first two.Good question about McCoy and Natira. It's certainly possible. I admit to mixed feelings about that kind of "callback" being addressed by the show itself. On the one hand, I see that the thematic purpose of Yonada to the show and the dramatic impact of Natira on McCoy have a certain limited use, and once they have fulfilled that use, we don't need them endlessly rehashed. At the same time, one does wonder if McCoy occasionally thinks about Natira, or possibly a child. Does he contact her? It's intriguing to consider.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I finally posted an image trivia question that is somewhat challenging.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks