What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (8 Viewers)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I don't think she ultimately fits (as the attempt seems to have been unsuccessful), but there seems to be lots of pressure on Kirk to fall for Marta in Whom Gods Destroy.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I think I need to watch This Side Of Paradise tonight -- just because. ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
And I too will try to watch one of the episodes we discussed, including Paradise, this weekend.Marta crossed my mind briefly too. But she was nuts!It did just occur to me that Captain Pike, not Kirk was also manipulated so to speak by the Talosians to fall for Vina.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I just saw the Twilight Zone thread, interesting. It looks like the guys there are watching episodes in order and commenting. I agree with you Lee regarding Nightmare at 20,000 Feet. One of my favorites! I might have to watch that too!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just thought of one more possible woman who traded Kirk's affection with ulterior motives. It could be an iffy one, will be interesting if you guys agree or not. :)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I think one of the more complicated examples is Sylvia (from Catspaw, not Spectre of the Gun!) because she tries to seduce Kirk and claims it's about using his imagination to enlarge her power and experience, but ultimately she seems to want to seduce him for its own sake.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"You are using me!"Sylvia is really out of the box! I had not thought of her but I suppose that could fit. She fails of course.Your Sylvia example make think of even another possible answer.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Guys,

Check this out. :)

"Here’s a fun picture of Star Trek’s Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley and William Shatner getting together to record the voices of their characters for the Star Trek Saturday morning cartoon which premiered in the September of 1973."

1795666_10152979326876686_720166653_n.png

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys, I've seen that shot. It's a great publicity photo to promote TAS! Though I recall reading William Shatner dispel the notion that the cast recorded together. He said he recorded his lines wherever he happen to be if he was on the road doing a film or other project. As you guys probably know, that made it hard for him to emote properly without another actor to work with. It's kind of amazing that it was 5 years since TOS ending filming, yet it seems more like it was 3 years since TOS ended.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I read that they got together for a one-day session to record the dialogue for the first two or three episodes. After that, they just recorded multiple line readings and sent them in to be edited together. Anyone know the date of that first session? Principal photography on the series ended on January 9, 1969, although Nimoy and Kelley might have finished a day earlier.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I had seen a website that was specifically dedicated to TAS, I took a quick look there and there is a link there to a site that has an in-depth article on the series. I just took a quick look at it. The site says June 1973 was the day the entire cast recorded lines for the first 3 episodes.http://www.danhausertrek.com/AnimatedSeries/Main.htmlThe other TAS site I was mentioning is:startrekanimated.comIt was the first one I found years ago. So it was fours years since they were together to record TAS. That's pretty neat. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
"Principal photography on the series ended on January 9, 1969, although Nimoy and Kelley might have finished a day earlier."Lee,This is actually quite logical given the date you stated that Nimoy and Kelley might have finished.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
They filmed at least part of the teaser on the 9th. I honestly don't know whether they had finished the segment of it with Nimoy and Kelley earlier because of the delay resulting from Shatner's illness. We will find out for sure in a few months!Scott, can I have a hint as to why it would be logical for them to have finished on the 8th?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lee,

You most definitely may have a hint. January 8th is Elvis Presley's birthday, and the birthday of at least one other person you know from this Board. ;)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Nothing so grand as a Dixie Trek; just a trip to Memphis, which is only a few hours away.Just looked at the website you cited, Nelson. That timeline is astonishing! I hadn't realized the extent of the initial time pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks