1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend 6.5" in-ceiling speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by tempo, Aug 8, 2011.

1. tempo

tempo Auditioning

I would like to upgrade the five in-ceiling speakers that came with my house. I am on a budget and hoping to find something under $150/speaker. What I’ve got now are five “builder-grade” 6.5” speakers. They are labeled New Wave Audio IC-6S - oh yeah (specs). I would like to maintain as close as possible to my current ID, which is listed as 7.75”. I have up to 12” depth (absolute maximum). Usage is your typical mix of home theater and music. I use an older Denon home theater receiver that is getting on in years but still works well. I have an 8” powered Paradigm subwoofer. A true bonus would be speakers that are sealed; today the stereo simultaneously rocks the room above the TV room quite well. Help? :huh: Here is a pic of my room: [​IMG]

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I'm sorry, but my comment will be of little use to you. Builders who design HTs like this should be tarred and feathered.

3. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Love the photographs on the wall, though.

4. David Willow

David Willow Babbling Idiot
    Supporter

Dave
    I personally wouldn't invest in different ceiling speakers. Even the best ceiling speakers are still, well, ceiling speakers. :D Having said that, I've always hear Speakercraft as the goto brand for ceiling speakers. YMMV.