What's new

Pushing Daisies Season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Another fun episode!

The scenes with Digby were natural and delightful. My wife and I watched them a couple of times since they reminded us so much of our beloved "Bob."

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I said it way back, that Sonnenfeld was putting the screws to the audience with that, but my post was pretty much ignored. The idea that they would be unaware of the blocking when it's the central "gimmick" of the show is absurd.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Damn, I love this show. Really enjoyed this episode. The mystery was not so great, (I mean, there was really only one suspect once the girlfriend died), but the core of the show to me is the humour, the wonderful fantasy tone, and the heartbreaking love story. It's a sign of how well the show has worked that only after two episodes, we're already sitting there really anxious about them touching, and the ending where they got the car screen with the glove just melted my heart. (And no, I never thought about the placement of the glove until I came here).

And much as I despise Grease, dammit, when Kristen Chenowith started on "Hopelessly Devoted To You", I damn near died. Great scene, very funny, and I've been walking around since then with the song going through my mind. And I hate that.

It hasn't been stated, but as Steve suggested, I think it's implied by the instances that we have seen that it results in the deaths of a like being. Animals for animals, people for people, fruit for fruit.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.

I finally caught an episode of this afer missing the pilot. "weird like Monk feel" states it pretty well - I think this show would be perfect on USA.

I'm not sure what to think. It's a little too cutesy for my tastes - A car that runs on dandelions that looks to be straight from Dr. Seuss? I think I would like it better if they played it straight, or at least straighter.

Some of the jokes were laugh out loud funny, though, so guess I'll keep tuning in for a while.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I found the start of the episode a little too morose, purposefully so, but it ended well enough, plus Olive knows a secret and she seems content to sit on it until she can truly pull the rug out from under Chuck.

Some of the dialogue was pretty good, especially the wry delivery by Emerson. Also Emerson's Pooh imitation was kinda funny. Kick!

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Great episode. This one was far more enjoyable then "Dummy". There is one thing that bothered me though...

When Ned was wandering through the basement of the funeral home, he touched the dead people who were only covered by a sheet and they came to life.... so is plastic the only thing that keeps Ned from re-killing Chuck? If they had a sheet between them, would she die if they touched?

JohnDH

Auditioning

Just saw the episode on the West Coast, and Ned clearly touches both dead bodies on the hand with his own hand. It's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it, but it's clearly skin on skin contact. :)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I thoroughly enjoyed Fun in Funeral episode.
Even better than the "Dummy" episode.

I loved Emerson's reaction after Chuck slammed the coffin shut and got stuck.
also his line about "I can smoke a cigar with you" to Louis.

The traveling Anti-depressant drug salesman was suppose to me a role for Paul Reubens. I guess there's a bigger role for him down the road. UPDATED Paul Reubens will be in the episode "Smell of Success" on Nov 21st, playing a character called Oscar Vibenius

Fantastic writing/dialogue and the way it flows.
Almost like poetry.

My favorite is when Emerson and Olive are together.

and I'm not sure how new this news is but, Pushing Daisies got picked up for a FULL SEASON!!! :):)

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I suspect the intention was to imply that Ned actually touched some exposed portion of their bodies with his hand.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As noted by JohnDH above it wasn't implied, it was pretty clear that he touched body parts (a hand, a foot) that were exposed.

I'm beginning to be annoyed by Chuck's insistence to stick like glue to Ned 24-7. The part where Emerson wanted some privacy to talk to Ned about the situation and she simply refused to buzz off I found very irritating. Emerson is much more patient with her than I would be.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I'm loving this show. Emerson's reaction when he thought the dead funeral director would remain alive was great.

It's news to me, and I usually get network press releases about that stuff at my job. I'm curious where you heard that. The only new show I've heard of getting a full season so far is Gossip Girl.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
When Ned and the other guy were having the sword fight did they cut the hand off the dead guy? I turned away for a second and missed it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It was a foot, I believe. Another great episode. McBride had one line that had me rolling, but I can't remember it now.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I believe that's only the announcement that it made the Fall lineup, not that it's been given a full-season order. But it's practically a sure-thing given that the ratings remained steady from week two to week three. It's one of the top programs of the night in the 18-49 ratings.

The only thing is it will probably get hammered when American Idol returns in January. :frowning:

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Great news that the show has been picked up for the rest of the season. I have been watching the show every week, but I didn't have enough faith in ABC that they would support this quirky show. I'm glad I was wrong.

As far as touching the bodies in the funeral home, I am sure it was body parts that were touched while Ned walked by them. He had no reason to purposely touch any of the body bags. But then again, this is a fantasy and I am not going to try to over analyze any of this for logic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks