What's new

Succession: The Final Season (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Surprised we don't have a final season thread in place.

I'm not going to say much other than WOW!

This week's episode was a game-changer.

Would love to discuss it more as well as everything that is yet to come when we can talk without too many spoilers.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
The randomness of certain events in " Conners Wedding" didn't shock me just from a plot perspective but really shocked me because that's just how quick things can change in life. And all the principles acting in the episode was soo good. Especially the line from alan ruck when he gets some bad news. It has the only 10/10 on IMDB other than Ozymandias for BB.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The randomness of certain events in " Conners Wedding" didn't shock me just from a plot perspective but really shocked me because that's just how quick things can change in life. And all the principles acting in the episode was soo good. Especially the line from alan ruck when he gets some bad news. It has the only 10/10 on IMDB other than Ozymandias for BB.

Spoilers ahead...

It was an amazing episode for so many reasons.

First, you didn't see it coming. And, when it happened, it was a brilliant move not to show Logan. For in doing so, we the audience had no idea if this was a stunt or was really happening.

I have never seen a person's death unraveled in the manner that it was in this episode. As a viewer, you were able to put yourself in the shoes of his children in becoming completely blind-sighted and unaware of exactly what was happening aboard that plane. It was very easy to accept that Tom was possibly bullshitting the entire episode over the phone. The confusion and uncertainty for those of us watching all of this were immense.

Exceptional writing!

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
Spoilers ahead...

It was an amazing episode for so many reasons.

First, you didn't see it coming. And, when it happened, it was a brilliant move not to show Logan. For in doing so, we the audience had no idea if this was a stunt or was really happening.

I have never seen a person's death unraveled in the manner that it was in this episode. As a viewer, you were able to put yourself in the shoes of his children in becoming completely blind-sighted and unaware of exactly what was happening aboard that plane. It was very easy to accept that Tom was possibly bullshitting the entire episode over the phone. The confusion and uncertainty for those of us watching all of this were immense.

Exceptional writing!
SPOILER ahead.....

I have to admit I myself initially waited for a witty line from Logan about how he emotionally manipulated and one upped his children again, but to see their emotions made me too sympathize with them. You are so right about the writing. None of these characters are really likeable or redeemable, but each one is so well realized we got four diffrent types of grief. Kendal- acceptance, Roman- denial, shiv- depression, connor- anger......

Do you think it will end well for any of them?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
SPOILER ahead.....

I have to admit I myself initially waited for a witty line from Logan about how he emotionally manipulated and one upped his children again, but to see their emotions made me too sympathize with them. You are so right about the writing. None of these characters are really likeable or redeemable, but each one is so well realized we got four diffrent types of grief. Kendal- acceptance, Roman- denial, shiv- depression, connor- anger......

Do you think it will end well for any of them?

I don't think it can. Karma is a bitch.

Love you analogies of "grief" and how it played out here. Very good, Johnny!

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Episode 8 man...

1684246477284.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks