What's new

PS4 owners thread (2 Viewers)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Sony wakes up to the idea that day one digital purchases should get preorder discounts just like the disk buyers get: For PSPlus guys at least
CC9xmRv.jpg

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It's kind of been that way with the Vita. I think digital gets 10% off and its not a Plus thing, but primarily just for 1st party games.

Even so, considering something like 1/3 of the cost to put a disc on the shelf at a store is gone, 10% isn't a good enough discount. Once the license runs out or they decide to close the servers, you lose that digital access which blows. I'd rather actually have something like Steam or how MS originally envisioned the One where you get a disc that gives you DRM rights to a digital copy.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I was mistaken, I have a spare Xbox 360 not a PS3, once they hit $299 I will upgrade the one in the theater tho =)
Are you selling it Sam? I haven't had a console (beyond the wii) since I picked up a used PS2 yeeeeeeears ago, and could be interested.Thanks!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Sony is announcing a bunch of things at Gamescom later this month. They accidentally leaked that Journey and Unfinished Swan are coming to PS4 a week ago.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I have an original PS3 that I'm not using much. I wasn't really planning to sell it, but I'd consider it. Shoot me a PM Dave if you're interested.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I am not market share fanatic but some of you will be interested to know that Sony just announced they have sold 10 million PS4s. That's a significant installed base for a new release and bodes well for developer support.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I am not market share fanatic but some of you will be interested to know that Sony just announced they have sold 10 million PS4s. That's a significant installed base for a new release and bodes well for developer support.
That is notable. I just finished the remastered The Last of Us. Awesome on PS4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks