What's new

PS4 owners thread (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
You know, I did that, but looked at the status bar at the bottom of the browser, which shows a generated numeric filename. I guess I never glanced back up at the mouse cursor before moving it! :)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Edwin-S said:
If you hover your cursor over the pic, a tool tag pops up. It looks like it comes from a 1987 flick called Housekeeping. I watched the trailer on IMDB. It looks like it might not be a bad flick if you like dramedies or don't mind a "chick" flick.
It is Housekeeping. It could be qualified as a "chick flick" as it is about 2 girls, and their eccentric aunt. But I'd describe it as a drama that is magical, and haunting. My favorite film.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Finished CONTRAST. It isn't a knock your socks off game, but it was decent. Interesting that they made the story a period piece set in the 1920s and game play that relied more on puzzle solving than brute force violence was a nice change.I'd probably give a 7 out of 10 for trying to do something different in terms of a story and for the shadow elements that make up the majority of the game play.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
That won't be out until mid-October. By then there will be a bunch of great PS4 games to totally justify a purchase.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I loved The Last of Us but I'm not sure I really feel like playing through it again. Some games I prefer to just leave to the one play through and not ruin the experience by noticing just how game-y it is. Memorizing/remembering enemy movement patterns, speed running through levels, etc. just takes away from the story.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Morgan Jolley said:
I loved The Last of Us but I'm not sure I really feel like playing through it again. Some games I prefer to just leave to the one play through and not ruin the experience by noticing just how game-y it is. Memorizing/remembering enemy movement patterns, speed running through levels, etc. just takes away from the story.
Totally agree Morgan. That game was amazing, but emotionally intense. I found myself rather wrung out at the end. I'll probably play it again about a year from now.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I bought the PS3 version of "Last of Us", but I haven't even opened the package yet. It would be nice if they did have an upgrade path for the PS4 version, similar to what they did for COD:Ghosts and ACIV.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
It's official. Last of Us Remastered, including all DLC will be issued this summer on PS4.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/09/the-last-of-us-remastered-coming-to-ps4-summer-2014/
Moving our efforts to the PS4 has allowed us to remaster an already phenomenal looking The Last of Us in 1080p with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements. We love setting challenging technical hurdles for us when working on each game – and this is no different. We’ve been working hard on The Last of Us Remastered to release a next-gen evolution worthy of the 200+ Game of the Year awards, not to mention the acclaim and expectations of our fans. We will be revealing more detailed information about the upgrades for the PS4 version in the coming months.
In addition to all the technical updates, we’re also including an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring Creative Director and Writer, Neil Druckmann; Voice Actor, Troy Baker, who plays Joel; and BAFTA Award winning Voice Actress, Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.
We’ve released a ton of additional content since The Last of Us launched in June 2013, including our first ever single player expansion, Left Behind. We’re happy to say that the major content releases will be included with The Last of Us Remastered:

[*]Left Behind single player expansion
[*]Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack
[*]Reclaimed Territories pack – details will be coming soon on exactly what is included
[/list]
Whether you are new to The Last of Us or have played it already on the PS3, we hope you are all looking forward to this release. We are!
You can preorder The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 right now from many of your favorite retailers and receive these preorder bonuses:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Considering it includes all the DLC extras, I doubt they will do a $10 upgrade option. Preorders are at $60, which doesn't surprise me. It's the same thing that they did with Tomb Raider.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I didn't grab the PS3 DLC figuring they would do this. Plus, the PS3 game was only $29 for me when I bought, so I don't feel all infuriated. It's the same as titles I bought on Blu even though I owned the DVD. It's a great title.. I mean, really great title.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
I didn't grab the PS3 DLC figuring they would do this. Plus, the PS3 game was only $29 for me when I bought, so I don't feel all infuriated. It's the same as titles I bought on Blu even though I owned the DVD. It's a great title.. I mean, really great title.
Well, it infuriates me. I couldn't care less about the DLC. I just don't want to pay 60 bucks for an upgrade when I paid 60 bucks for a version that I haven't even opened yet. And knowing SOAK-NY the upgrade is probably going to be 70 bucks in Canada, so the included DLC will hardly be a bonus.

Mike Ouellet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
MIke
I am playing AC4 right now so I still have yet to buy an actual PS4 game.

I am excited for the new UFC game when it releases. The menu system is so smooth. I really like that I went the PS route. Always have been a PS guy.I'd really appreciate if they could add some entertainment apps like cinema now, vudu, or Flixter. Still using my PS3 for those.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Mike Ouellet said:
I am playing AC4 right now so I still have yet to buy an actual PS4 game.

I am excited for the new UFC game when it releases. The menu system is so smooth. I really like that I went the PS route. Always have been a PS guy.I'd really appreciate if they could add some entertainment apps like cinema now, vudu, or Flixter. Still using my PS3 for those.
I know Vudu is on the PS4.. I'm not sure on the others.. you do have to download them in the Sony Store (they are free).. but I've got Netflix, Vudu and Amazon Prime all loaded up on the PS4 now..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks