What's new

The Day the Clown Cried (2024) (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I have to admit, I knew little about this film and did not really follow the story of it outside of, Jerry made a holocaust film about a clown in a concentration camp that helps lead children to the gas chamber. That was the description I had always heard of it. For some reason, I thought that it had been completed and that once studio people saw it, they questioned if Lewis knew what he was doing. That he then ended up agreeing that they should not put it out. I think I got those impressions from things I read about it over the years, obviously written by people that had never seen it...because in truth the film had never been finished.

Had I known the film was never completed, I would not have fallen for the hoax story that it was going to be screened in June of 2024. I have to admit, the description of the story does not make me want to see it. It did always make me wonder why Jerry Lewis would approach this subject matter. I assume he had some dramatic point he wanted to make with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks