Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Confirmed!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/30/playstation-plus-february-preview/
Typically when you think of February, your mind goes to chocolates, flowers, and other lovey-dovey things. So we thought we’d celebrate this sappy month by scaring the bejesus out of you with Outlast on PS4.
We also have some great single-player PS3 experiences, including Metro: Last Light, a first-person shooter with an interesting take on morality, and Remember Me, a third-person action adventure where you’ll take down an evil corporation by beating lots of people up with your own unique combos and messing with people’s memories. If you have a significant other, you might be able to rope him or her into some bank-robbing action with Payday 2 on PS3. After all, everyone likes stealing stuff. I mean, uh… nevermind.
Finally, two PS Vita titles are joining the Instant Game Collection: Street Fighter X Tekken and ModNation Racers: Road Trip. Both include functionality with their respective PS3 versions. Fight against your friends in Street Fighter X Tekken no matter what platform they have, or download your previously made PS3 creations and use them in ModNation Racers: Road Trip.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Sony is just coming out swibgieon ps+... Meanwhile reaffirming not a requirement for online play Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. There still is not much available for it yet. Nothing released on it has been the must have "killer ap". All of these system seem to be falling down in that regard.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
In regards to a killer app, I think the closest is going to be inFamous: Second Son on PS4. At the least, its a AAA first-party exclusive that looks good. Titanfall and Destiny are big upcoming releases, but they're not next-gen console exclusive.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
Here's hopin' that the gameplay measures up to the graphic effects.
Yeah, I hope this installment matches the first release in this franchise; although, who am I kidding, this would have to get a 3/10 in reviews for me not to get it, just to see if it holds up to the visual hype in the ad.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
mattCR said:
Strider is out for PS4. $14 digital download.
Just picked up a PS4 bundle with an extra controller and a 1 yr PS+ subscription for $490 at Costco Brick and Mortar. $20 savings, nice!

I got Strider and it is hell of fun arcade action.

Still getting used to the new OS. Is there anyway to set privacy on individual games in the trophies like you can on ps3? I.E. choose to hide a game from your trophy list? I couldn't find that on PS4.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
How can you tell that from a trailer that doesn't reveal much........oorrr...............maybe that's the clue?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
My impression of it after owning it for a spell:

I got Tomb Raider, and downloaded Outlast. Tomb Raider May have the best graphics I've ever seen, making even high powered PC's envious. Lots Of fun, even though It is a stretch from the original series. Too serious, not enough fantasy.

Outlast is scary and just the ticket for my survival/horror needs. Graphics don't excite me, but they are decent, and it was free. Fun games for free= :)

The controller for the PS4 is comfortable, but still not on par with the XBOX One controller (which I can tell you is the absolute best controller in the history of console gaming). I hate the "option" button. Awkwardly placed, poor design at least for me.

The screen menu hub for the PS4 is bland and really ugly, with white letters, and words that bleed over a blue background(could be my HDMI cable as it isn't a snug fit at all, very loose, thinking about getting a better one). the PS3 has a much more attractive background which is surprising, since the PS4 is so much more powerful. why are we treated to such a generic hub? Punishment for some unknown reason? The Blu-Ray/dvd player is a joke Less options than the PS3. Plays discs fine, but you can tell this is not geared for actual software. Cloud, and streaming services are indeed taking over it seems.

Anyway the system itself is very sleek, and handsome. Looks great. I got it for the games(Elder Scrolls online in June) so I'm ready to jam now. Can't wait for that and others.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Aaron Silverman said:
Doesn't the PS4 let you apply themes to the menu system? The PS3 does.BTW, what movie is your sig from?
No. There is no theme support for the menu in the ps4 right now.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
Doesn't the PS4 let you apply themes to the menu system? The PS3 does.

BTW, what movie is your sig from?
If you hover your cursor over the pic, a tool tag pops up. It looks like it comes from a 1987 flick called Housekeeping. I watched the trailer on IMDB. It looks like it might not be a bad flick if you like dramedies or don't mind a "chick" flick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks