What's new

Polk R15s on sale again... (1 Viewer)

Jimi C

Screenwriter
So what do you other R50 owners think? My views are pretty much unchanged after a week or so of use. The one thing these speakers did well was make me appreciate how nice my Fluance sound. This was the first time I ever did an a/b comparison with 2 sets of speakers. I had forced 2 of my friends in on my mini demo, 1 preferred the Fluance while the other seemed unsure, but ultimatly (maybe just to make me shut up?) went with the polks.
I can say undoubtaly that these Polks make the Sonys in our family room sound like a radio alarm clock. For $120 I think this is untouchable for a pair of tower speakers. In fact, I dont know where else you can get floorstanding speakers for $120. Even white van speakers sell for more than that. I do wish I snagged a set of the bookshelfs for surrounds, but im fine with a phantom center.

SamNavy

Stunt Coordinator
Next time any of these Polk's go on sale, somebody needs to scream to high Heaven in the other forums. I only get down here to the Deals pages about once a month!!! If I came here any more often, I'd have to get a night job to pay for everything.

A pair of R50's for $185 shipped!!! At that price I'd have a pair in every room in the house!

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
What decent tower size speakers can you get for less than $160 shipped for the PAIR??

For that price in my living room, YES!! that good...

Are they the rolls royce of speakers, of course not. But they do sound darn fine in an HT setup. IMHO

Jimi C

Screenwriter
R50's in every room for me. I dont want to go to the bathroom and have to listen to bookshelf speakers. No way Jose.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Sam: Why don't you just subscribe to this thread?! With e-mails!

You can be pretty sure the R30s and R50s WILL be going on sale again...and it will likely end up getting announced in here! An e-mail subscription would fix you right up!

BTW, if someone sets up some Polk Towers in their bathroom, would you PLEASE post a picture?!?! THAT I've GOT to see! :D

RickB

Grip
I just set up daily email for responses to this thread, as I am still possibly interested in the R50's as an upgrade to my R30's. After seeing the pic Jimi posted, I have to say the wood look sure is nice. Mine are black and I had thought I would get black R50's if I upgraded.

What would anyone say about the sound difference between the two? I did read the links from above on the comparison, but I would like to hear what anyone says that has experience with them both. I was going to use my R30's as surrounds, but my building (in construction still) would make it hard to use the towers in the rear. Actually, I have not watched anything in a few weeks as my system is down to fronts, sub and center only, and both the couchs and the panny are covered up until construction is complete. I long to crank it back up again, as it is going to be really nice when its done.

Without a doubt I would like to stay informed on the sales as they come and go, I will post if I happen to see anything.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
I gotta tell you, I dont think we will see the R50's again. While all the other Polk speakers still appear on there site at there regular price. The R50's are missing. If I were to guess I would say they are probably sold out, and with prices like that I have a feeling that were trying to clear out old inventory to make room for new products. I think thats probably it for the R50's. You snooze you lose.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's amazing the difference 11 hours can make!

As Jimi noted earlier: you snooze, you lose. :D

These changes come and go so quickly at Outpost that anyone really interested in something would almost have to know to check everyday.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Another thing that's weird about the Oupost site. You can click on my link above and see the R15s (currently at $116), but if you do a searh on the site for R15...you get nothing. It's like they don't exist. I can find the R30s (currently $99 apiece)...but not the R50s.

That's another reason I think the R50s just MAY show up again some day.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i was gonna get them last nioght, told myself if they were still on sale this morn i'd get them.

still on sale as of 10 am est.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks