What's new

CRITERION FLASH SALE Starting OCTOBER 19, 2021 Noon ET for 24 HRS (1 Viewer)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
This was my first haul which netted me a $50 gift certificate:
The Incredible Shrinking Man
Blu-ray
CC3302BD
Quantity: 1
Price each: $19.97
Total price: $19.97

High Sierra
Blu-ray
CC3295BD

The Damned
Blu-ray
CC3297BD

Melvin Van Peebles: Essential Films
Blu-ray
CC3299BD
Price each: $62.47
Total price: $62.47

Beasts of No Nation
Blu-ray
CC3289BD

Mona Lisa
Blu-ray
CC3292BD

My second haul used that $50 plus the $10 GC I received yesterday:
Ratcatcher
Blu-ray
CC3301BD

Onibaba
Blu-ray
CC3300BD

Love & Basketball
Blu-ray
CC3287BD

Throw Down
Blu-ray
CC3293BD

Ashes and Diamonds
Blu-ray
CC3291BD

Original Cast Album: “Company”
Blu-ray
CC3285BD

After Life
Blu-ray
CC3283BD

In essence, I got 3 BDs free in this second batch. And once again, I have all the Criterion titles.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I never got mine. However I found I never used a $10 gift certificate sent in March 2020 as an incentive to buy a movie at the start of pandemic. There was no sale at that time. The gift certificate still worked and I used it for this sale. I wonder if I didn't get a gift certificate this time because I had one outstanding.

Interesting that so many of us Criterion Channel subscribers didn't receive the complimentary GC this time around...

I actually had 2 outstanding last Oct, but they still sent me a 3rd one for that flash sale.

_Man_

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Interesting that so many of us Criterion Channel subscribers didn't receive the complimentary GC this time around...

I actually had 2 outstanding last Oct, but they still sent me a 3rd one for that flash sale.

_Man_
I guess some of us aren't so ...
Dana Carvey Nbc GIF
😇
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Not quite the deal I was expecting.

Added HIGH SIERRA to my cart. By the time tax and shipping were added it was the same price (if not slightly more) than what Amazon is selling it for and I can get it two-day shipping with that vendor.

No sale.
As already mentioned, you need an order of $50 or more to qualify for free shipping and make it a good deal. Also, you accumulate points purchasing through Criterion.com, and they will send you a $50 gift code after every 1,000 points.

I ordered High Sierra, Dressed to Kill, and Destry Rides Again for this sale. I will pick up the new UHD titles I want during a future sale at Criterion or B&N.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
As already mentioned, you need an order of $50 or more to qualify for free shipping and make it a good deal. Also, you accumulate points purchasing through Criterion.com, and they will send you a $50 gift code after every 1,000 points.

I ordered High Sierra, Dressed to Kill, and Destry Rides Again for this sale. I will pick up the new UHD titles I want during a future sale at Criterion or B&N.
If possible, I like to try and buy the box sets through the Criterion sales to help rack up points - previously the lack of sales tax for orders sent outside of NY etc. was an incentive as well. I have used these sales to be more adventurous and try film/makers I've haven't seen/heard of --especially with the $50.00 reward.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
High Sierra (Yay!)
Ratcatcher (blind buy)
Original Cast Album: Company (this will replace my DVD. I also owned the VHS of this title.)

And another BIG THANK YOU to David Norman for all the information connected to this sale. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Yeoman007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
That's the way it goes sometimes. I'm not a Criterion Channel subscriber, but I did sign up for the Criterion Collection newsletter years ago. However, I have never, ever gotten any emails from Criterion. I always check my junk mail folders and they're never in there. I do receive emails from Criterion Collection regarding my orders, but that's it.

Nonetheless, I took the suggestion made here to order just enough to get to the $50 reward level on my first order of the sale. After I got the Loyalty Gift Card email, I used the code to for the second order end emptied my wishlist. :biggrin: I'm done for this sale.

Thanks David and everyone else here for the good info. I wouldn't know about these sales if it weren't for you guys!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This was the first time I didn't get a $10 GC since The Criterion Channel started in which I've been a charter subscriber. Oh well, I did use my $50 reward certificate that I received three years ago. I ordered "The Incredible Shrinking Man", "High Sierra" and "Love & Basketball".

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Sale has ended. Not too many items disappeared that I read about

My first order shipped at 12:04pm ET -- almost exactly 24 hrs after my confirmation email

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sale has ended. Not too many items disappeared that I read about

My first order shipped at 12:04pm ET -- almost exactly 24 hrs after my confirmation email
Both my orders shipped today. 13 titles including the Melvin Van Peebles set.
Apparently, some of my orders are being held up with retailers, I got my confirmation order email at 12:04 p.m. ET on Tuesday and my order still hasn't shipped. My large order from Kino was made on October 5th, and that hasn't shipped yet either.:)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I'm too late for this flash sale but High Sierra HD (terrific movie) is at Prime for $5 purchase, $3 rental, what a bargain!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Apparently, some of my orders are being held up with retailers, I got my confirmation order email at 12:04 p.m. ET on Tuesday and my order still hasn't shipped. My large order from Kino was made on October 5th, and that hasn't shipped yet either.:)
Blame it on Quasimodo.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
What's funny is that Amazon of all places have it in-stock.
I haven't placed my very expensive Kino order yet, but it will include Quasimodo. (BTW, the Hunchback's print is not the same that was sourced for the Flicker Alley release. Kino's came from a private collector who writes scores for silent films; is probably the foremost authority on Lon Chaney; and works with Dr. Fauci on COVID and other viruses.) Anyway, I know my order will be delayed, but I don't care since I have way too many BDs to watch.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, my Criterion order has shipped.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
My order is still being packed and I ordered at 12:03 PM 3 minutes after the sale began.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks