What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

"Not The Mama!" Dinosaurs Rumored For 2006!! (1 Viewer)

MarcoAD

Stunt Coordinator
Sweet deal, I was just thinking about this show the other day realizing it had not seen the light of day on DVD.

Great News :emoji_thumbsup:

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

The magic number would be 29.

I can't wait to get this. This show cracked me up back in the day, especially everytime the baby would smack poor Earl in the head with a frying pan. LOL It'll be fun to relive these episodes again. Not to mention this show will be new to my 8 year old who has never seen this before. She's sure to get a kick out of it.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
29 episodes squeezed onto 4 discs ? Anyone else worried about this ? Or am I just a cranky old Dinosaur ? I expected the first 2 seasons to be combined and I suppose a 5 disc set would be too expensive and put off some possible sales. There were four seasons of the show so we will be halfway home once this box set arrives.

After the original network run, I believe the show aired for a while on The Disney Channel and for some reason I think they had some previously unaired episodes.

Now that the first 2 season are lumbering our way, I have one more request . . . AGAIN !

Jim Smith

Stunt Coordinator

Gargoyles Season 2 Volume 1 squeezed 26 episodes plus extras on only 3 discs and the picture was quite good. Disney should be able to make this a four disc set easy. An extra disc would be a waste of money.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dinosaurs is a half-hour show. 4 hours of material fits comfortably on a single-sided, dual-layer DVD. That means 8 episodes per disc easily, even if all commercials were intact (which they won't be). 8 eps each on 4 discs is 32 eps worth of room.

Yeah, 29 eps won't be a problem. ;)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Has anybody watched this yet? Any reviews? I'm debating on whether I really want to buy it...

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I've only watched a few episodes so far. The show really holds up and is as good as I remember it. Haven't watched any extras besides the intro by Brian Henson and one of the 'Dinosaur eggs' where the guy that was inside Earl describes what it was like. If you're a fan of Baby Sinclair, pick it up.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
not the momma!

cant wait to se this great show again

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Hmmmm....maybe I will pick it up! Cause I hate it when I watch something I really enjoyed when I was younger, buy it now and realize it's not that great. But I remember laughing hysterically in this show.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I had forgetton how hilarious this show is! I was also on the fence about buying this...I remember watching it and liking it but wasn't sure how much I wanted to own it. SO I borrowed an old VHS volume 1 tape my cousin had from this show which featured episodes 1 & 3 watched it and it made me laugh. ESPECIALLY the baby. He used to freak me out when I was younger but now I adore his wit and he even has a cute side to him too....This show is kinda like Married with Children mixed with the Muppets, Fraggle Rock and the simpsons all put into one. I'm already almost done with disc 2 and have really enjoyed LMAO. Totally worth a blind buy!

Has an interesting box too...It is like cut in half...I remember seeing my aunt's Home Inprovement sets had the same type of box. Do you think Seasons 3 & 4 would be combined? Or separate sets?

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Since three is a full season and four is a shorter one (13 episodes) it's possible we might get those in the same package as well.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I bought it and, like has been mentioned before, this show really holds up! It is hilarious and still amazing the amount of effort that went in to producing each episode.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Are these full episodes, or edited? I know there's been a problem with chopped, syndicated versions of some shows hitting the market.

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator

All episodes run 23-24 minutes except "Endangered Species" which runs 21:35 so I don't know if that is the syndicated version or if that episode was just shorter than the others. Anyone have the original broadcast from ABC to compare?

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Do the episodes on the DVD contain a laugh track? I remember the show had one when it started, but later on the producers decided to drop it.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I watched the first 5 episodes (season 1) over the weekend, and didn't notice a laugh track at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks