What's new

"Not The Mama!" Dinosaurs Rumored For 2006!! (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
100% of the time TVShowsonDVD.com is reliable. I trust their work, and I do not think this is any different. I am so excitef to something of this. I almost bought some old Blockbuster tapes, as I was getting desperate.

Ryan

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
This is great news :D My grandmother loves this show, so I will definitely get it for her. She adores baby Sinclair :emoji_thumbsup:

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
If I may hijack this thread for a moment, this show reminds me of a little story...

I work in the News Dept of an ABC affiliate. When Dinosaurs was debuting, our station decided to do a little preview of it in our news. Right after the first news block we hit the tease for it. At the bottom of the screen was the text, "Coming up... Prehistoric Hijinks!"

Unfortunately the tapes got mixed up and we were showing video of Rodney King getting beaten on by the cops.

Oops.

Randall Cyrenne

Stunt Coordinator
I love this show. Recently I introduced it (on tape) to my daughter, and she loved it. Those VHS tapes are looking yucky on my HDTV-ready set, though. DVDs will be most welcome!!! At times, Dinosaurs rivals Simpsons for its biting satire.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Awww, shucks. Thanks, RyanAn, but I only wish it was true. Fans of Family Ties and Birds of Prey know all too well that we aren't 100% reliable. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though!

Jim Smith

Stunt Coordinator
This is a must buy. Dinosaurs was a hilarous series. It was also surprisingly political. Not liberal or conservative though. On one hand it seems to be pro environment on the other hand it mocks big government and family planning programs. It used these talking dinosaurs to create an excellent parody on modern family life. TVshowsonDVD is normally accurate so I can't wait to pick the show up.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
This show never got it's proper credit. It came after the success of The Simpsons but before South Park & Family Guy. There was also a large number of Simpsons "knock-offs" around that time and Dinosaurs perhaps suffered because of this. It got knocked around the schedule way too much. Now I hope it gets it's due on DVD the same way that Family Guy did. I doubt we'll ever see new episodes but the entire series on disc would be great. I just hope it happens before we're all extinct.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I guess the folks behind The Simpsons saw it as a rip-off given the way that jabbed at the series. I don't know if I ever watched Dinosaurs, though...

Tabetha

Agent
I'm so excited about this possible release. It was one of my favorite shows growing up. Here's hoping that TVShowsonDVD.com is correct once again!

Tabbi

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
"Don't have a Stegosaurus man." :D

I really hope they do package seasons one and two together since (besides having more than five episodes to start) I'll have "A New Leaf" aka the Happy Plant episode on DVD.

John*D

Second Unit
Funny show, use to watch it all the time. That baby and Grandma Ethyl were funny.

I might be interested in this, but I don't know yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks