What's new

More good news for that poor mountaineer and the Clampett clan! (2 Viewers)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Yeah, I'm still alive, I have hit a snag on collecting for a bit plus there hasn't been any movement on my holy grail and I've been concentrating a lot on my hobby of music.

I had posted earlier this year that PlutoTV was showing some of the unreleased seasons of The Beverly Hillbillies. However, they were stopping with S7. Every chance I got, I commented on their Facebook page asking about the last 2 seasons. I didn't ever hear anything from them and had resigned myself to figuring take what I was lucky to get. To my amazement, I jumped on there Friday evening (I always turn it on as background noise in the evening to unwind) and after finishing S7, they hadn't went back to S1 as was the norm, but they had went ahead and was starting S8. This whole weekend was a marathon of the last 2 seasons in glorious HD.

They're still skipping some episodes, but they showed the biggest majority of them. I was pleased that one episode that stirred a little controversy with ONE PERSON on Me-TV and got banned from there was being streamed online. No, streaming isn't optimal, but at least it appears the entire series is now HD ready. Given the fact that other CBS properties are being offered "one and done" on blu-ray, I'm really crossing my fingers that this will see a physical media release soon.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I was pleased that one episode that stirred a little controversy with ONE PERSON on Me-TV and got banned from there was being streamed online.
Ron happy for you. May I ask what's the story behind the METV banned episode?
Have any of the B&W episodes been colorized?
Hopefully not.
icon_e_praying.gif

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo

I'm not Ron, but it was one of the Shorty Kellems episodes.

It's been a few years now but I think it was the episode 'Hotel for Women' where Shorty turns the mansion into basically his harem with all of the bank's secretaries moving in. This viewer wasn't pleased with how Shorty interacted with the girls in this episode, even though it was all done in innocent fun like every other episode of the show.

That will hopefully suffice until our resident expert on this show can clarify things definitively. I very well might have the wrong episode in mind, which is easy to do since Shorty chased every cute girl he saw on the show (although the complainer only complained about the one episode).

I wonder if anyone ever complained about Granny's allegiances to MeTV. They'd probably never air it ever again if someone did, lol.

Last edited:

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I'm not Ron, but it was one of the Shorty Kellems episodes.

It's been a few years now but I think it was the episode 'Hotel for Women' where Shorty turns the mansion into basically his harem with all of the bank's secretaries moving in. This viewer wasn't pleased with how Shorty interacted with the girls in this episode, even though it was all done in innocent fun like every other episode of the show.
Thank you Leo. I'm not all that familiar with the series. I do enjoy the early b&w era but I'm sure I've never seen Hotel for Women.
That will hopefully suffice until our resident expert on this show can clarify things definitively. I very well might have the wrong episode in mind, which is easy to do since Shorty chased every cute girl he saw on the show (although the complainer only complained about the one episode).
Much appreciated. When I saw the episode title Jethro the Flesh Peddler my imagination ran wild. Then Jeff showed me it wasn't anything close to what I was thinking. :biggrin:
I wonder if anyone ever complained about Granny's allegiances to MeTV. They'd probably never air it ever again if someone did, lol.
You'd have to explain this one to me.
icon_e_thinking.gif

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Granny was a southern girl, gray was her favorite color, her capital was in Richmond, etc. She either refused to admit that the South lost the war or begrudgingly admitted to it while wanting to avenge the loss to the Yankees from up North.

They used it all for comedic relief to make everyone laugh with no intentions of making anyone upset or suggesting that the Civil War wasn't an awful time in American history and that there was any humor in subjects like slavery or hundreds of thousands of Americans slaughtering each other on battlefields across the eastern seaboard.

But in recent years the Confederacy and its symbols have of course became a hot button issue, much like this Shorty episode was for at least one viewer during the height of what they called the "MeToo" era before COVID appeared on the scene.

Last edited:

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name

Hopefully not. View attachment 165537
The story is ONE viewer took objection to the slave girl auction scene in the bank and complained on their Facebook page. Quite a few of us went to bat for the episode saying it in no way promoted slavery and was in no way offensive, yet they ignored those with the differing opinion and said they were banning that episode.

No colorization. I'm happy as is, but I wouldn't object provided they are done with the same level of detail as Lucy and Andy have been done in recent years.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Thanks, Ron.

That's not even one of the Shorty episodes (Although he's the reason why the girls are living in the mansion). Getting old I guess, since I thought I was sure of at least that part of the story. lol

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thanks, Ron.

That's not even one of the Shorty episodes (Although he's the reason why the girls are living in the mansion). Getting old I guess, since I thought I was sure of at least that part of the story. lol
Actually it was Shorty. Drysdale thought he was worth $200 million and decided to throw him a "wild Hollywood party" which included the slave auction. You may be thinking of "Simon Legree Drysdale" where the woman's brothers think Drysdale is using her as a slave. Shorty wasn't in that one, although I think he was in a "flashback" from a prior episode. I don't want to get censored here, but I've been pleasantly surprised that Pluto has not censored any of the references to the Civil War or the South. In the end, of course, Drysdale gets his comeuppance.

TheLogoGuy94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joshua
Seasons 8 and 9 are now streaming on demand on Pluto. A few episodes are missing, however. In S08, episodes 6, 7, 11, and 13 are missing. In S09, episodes 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 18 are missing.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Good News Ron. Hopefully the complete series does get a Blu Ray release or at least DVD. Seasons 6-9 are long overdue.
Where do you get an inkling that Paramount (CBS home video is defunct) is going to put out an archival titles any more? Have they done any since 2020 when CBS home video folded?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Seasons 8 and 9 are now streaming on demand on Pluto. A few episodes are missing, however. In S08, episodes 6, 7, 11, and 13 are missing. In S09, episodes 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 18 are missing.
I asked before and no one responded so I'll try again. Are they uncut and in the proper aspect ratio?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Take a dip in the cee ment pond.Never knew there were comic books of them.This site is great.Many unexpected there and full issues.
Dell/Gold Key published a number of comic books based on TV or movies including this one currently owned by CBS ...

1672547018407.png

1672547040913.png

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
Where do you get an inkling that Paramount (CBS home video is defunct) is going to put out an archival titles any more? Have they done any since 2020 when CBS home video folded?

CBS have released Hogans Heroes on bluray. So the chance is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks