What's new

CBS Re-set - What's Left In The Vaults? (1 Viewer)

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
I suppose the reason why CBS never released "Dan August" (despite Burt Reynolds) on DVD is the fact that not many episodes were produced. The show was cancelled after one year.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
bronson said:
I suppose the reason why CBS never released "Dan August" (despite Burt Reynolds) on DVD is the fact that not many episodes were produced. The show was cancelled after one year.
I would think that having only one season would have increased the chances of Dan August getting released. The entire series would be finished with CBS only having to do it one time!
Take Care!

Robert

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I'd buy the Reynolds show in a heartbeat and most of those rarities on your list. A short one season show shouldn't discourage any studio/company this only makes it easier, I'm hoping for the cult cop show Macgruder & Loud (1985) also as candidate there.

Pathfiner

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
I have the 'Most Wanted' pilot on VHS - starring the veteran Robert Stack and a young Tom Sellack I'm surprised this show has not been rerun let alone come out on DVD

another good cop show was the late 80's or early 90's's series; 'Bodies of Evidence' starring Lee Horsley (of 'Matt Houston') and a young George Clooney ! - surprised that has not been back on our screens or out on DVD

also the apparently forgotten color TV Western series; 'Lancer' which starred James Stacy, Wayne Maunder, Andrew Duggan as the 'Lancer' family with (later) Rawhide's Paul Brinegar (in season two) as 'Jelly Hoskins' (Wishbone reborn) plus Elizabeth Baur (later Fran Belding in 'Ironside') as Murdoch's niece Teresa O'Brien

the two season color show ran from 1968 to 1970 and had 51 episodes....a kind of darker version of 'Bonanza' the 'Lancer' family were rather dubious characters of the elderly Murdoch Lancer (Andrew Duggan) a previously bad guy turned good and his two illegitimate sons Scott (Wayne Maunder) a Boston gambler and notorious gunslinger 'Johnny Madrid' (Lancer) (James Stacy) - Murdoch summons the pair in the pilot and after initially disliking each other they begin to form a family bond...

...the show then features the newly united Lancer clan strengthening with many top guest stars and good production by Alan A. Armer

'Lancer' used to alternate seasons with 'The High Chaparral' on the BBC in the UK but seems to have been sadly 'forgotten' thereafter (has it been shown in the USA at all ?)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
It should be noted that April came and went without CBS usual 3 month notice on any upcoming releases. Based on their past history, their July releases should have been announced by the end of April at the latest and August releases should be announced within the next 2 weeks. No releases at at were announces for August, so I think that should provide us with a pretty good really on their direction with regard to releasing the classic stuff themselves anymore. My only hope at this point for in house distribution of their library is that they follow through with the rumored Beverly Hillbillies Season 5 release. They are clearly moving quickly out of the vintage release business. That is very evident.

TheLogoGuy94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joshua
I know it sat the Our Miss Brooks has been remastered, but in the Syndication Bible, it doesn't say they're in HD. Until I actually see it, I would say “remastered”, just “re-transferred”.

EDIT: I overlooked the part of the Syndication Bible that's states the transfer are indeed HD.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
It does say that it was transferred to HD.

"This series has been transferred into HD and has the following masters:"

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
The page for Miss Brooks clearly states "has been transferred into HD". What's interesting though is that it says they have syndication 4x3 transfers in HD. The other transferred to HD series all say Network 4x3. That's what makes me think these will go to ME-TV and not DVD. I'd love to be wrong though.

TheLogoGuy94

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joshua
Steve...O said:
The page for Miss Brooks clearly states "has been transferred into HD". What's interesting though is that it says they have syndication 4x3 transfers in HD. The other transferred to HD series all say Network 4x3. That's what makes me think these will go to ME-TV and not DVD. I'd love to be wrong though.
That's actually what I meant. I think I should've worded that differently. I too have noticed that they're Syndication masters and not Network masters.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
MCCLOUD said:
How about these Quinn Martin shows? Does CBS own them? If not who owns them!

The New Breed
Dan August
The Manhunter
Caribe
Bert DAngelo
Most Wanted
Tales of the Unexpected
A Man Called Sloan

I would like to get all of these on DVD. It is amazing that with Burt Reynolds starring that Dan August hasn't been released! Anyone have any info on who owns these and any info if any could be released on DVD? Thanks
Robert
I

A Man Called Sloane is owned by CBS. Thankfully it's one of only two shows they own that I want.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Even though they aren't currently listed in the CBS Syndication Bible, I believe CBS also still has Coronet Blue (filmed 1965/aired 1967), The Immortal (1970) and Longstreet (1971-72). All had short runs (one season or less), but all have gotten at least some isolated cable play since 1994 (Coronet Blue on TV Land, The Immortal on SciFi/SyFy and Longstreet on either F/X or TV Land), and perhaps in Canada, as well... so all three presumably still have tape transfers available if VEI or Shout/Timeless (or others) were interested.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Longstreet even got a complete DVD release in Japan several years ago, so I would think someone like VEI or Shout/Timeless might release it here eventually.

51l8z1N4sHL.jpg

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
MCCLOUD said:
How about these Quinn Martin shows? Does CBS own them? If not who owns them!

The New Breed
Dan August
The Manhunter
Caribe
Bert DAngelo
Most Wanted
Tales of the Unexpected
A Man Called Sloan

I would like to get all of these on DVD. It is amazing that with Burt Reynolds starring that Dan August hasn't been released! Anyone have any info on who owns these and any info if any could be released on DVD? Thanks
Robert
I

As far as I know, these are all owned by CBS. The only Quinn Martin series that are not are The F.B.I. and 12 O'clock High.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Over in another thread someone made mention that CBS also has the Terrytoon cartoons.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
LeoA said:
While none of it likely has DVD potential, surely, there's more than just that sitting idle in their vaults that CBS isn't making available for syndication sale? 'To Rome with Love', for instance, was produced by Don Fedderson Productions and aired on CBS just like My Three Sons and Family Affair did.

Wouldn't that also be CBS owned today?

Yes, CBS owns To Rome With Love as well as another Fedderson show, The Smith Family.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
How about some more CBS owned series:

The Associates, Bad News Bears (out in Germany), Barefoot in the Park, Bert D'Angelo Superstar, The Bing Crosby Show, Blansky's Beauties, Breaking Point, Brothers Brannigan, Calucci's Department, The Cara Williams Show, Caribe, Dan August, December Bride, Desilu Playhouse, For The People, Funny Face, Garrison's Gorillas, The Good Guys, The Gray Ghost, The Great Adventure, Greatest Show on Earth, Gunslinger, Harrigan and Son, He and She, Headmaster, The Hero, Hotel De Paree, How to Marry a Millionaire, The Jim Backus Show, Kate McShane, Khan, The Lineup, A Man Called Sloane, Manhunter, Me and the Chimp, Mickey, Mr. Adams and Eve, Most Deadly Game, NYPD, Nero Wolfe, The New Andy Griffith Show, The New Breed, Big Eddie, Having Babies, The Andros Targets, The New People, Nightingales, Our Miss Brooks, Paper Moon, The People's Choice, Please Stand By, The Reporter, The Richard Boone Show, Run Buddy Run, The Runaways, The Sandy Duncan Show, Sheriff of Cochise, The Silent Force, Slattery's People, The Smith Family, To Rome With Love, Storefront Lawyers, Quinn Martin's Tales of the Unexpected, This is Alice, The Third Man, The Tim Conway Show, Walter Winchell File, Whirlybirds, Who's Watching the Kids, The Young Lawyers, Glencannon, Serpico, Goodtime Girls, The Nurses, Governor and JJ, Captain Nice, Glynnis, Fair Exchange, Those Whiting Girls, US Border Patrol, Next Step Beyond, Way Out, Playhouse 90, Baileys of Balboa.

And I'm sure some others I'm forgetting that were Republic or Worldvision properties.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Serpico, right. Knew I'd left out one more '70s crime drama I want. Also on the want list; Dan August, A Man Called Sloane, Whirlybirds, Richard Boone Show (odd this wasn't tried alongside the success of HGWT).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks