What's new

New STAR WARS film coming to theaters August 15, 2008 (1 Viewer)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

I think everyone knows that I love and defend the PT. These are just suggestions that, IMHO, would have made the PT even better.

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe how little money this made. I know people will say it still made a profit, but I just can get over a Star Wars film making under 100 million. I have to admit I hope this send a message to George Lucas that no one is interested in this part of the storyline.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about no one being interested. The movie has made about $32 million in the US and if you figure the cost of a ticket is about $8 (though I think it's closer to $7), that's about 4 million people who saw the movie. If just 1/4 of those people who paid to see the movie watch the TV series for free, that would be a million viewers and I doubt Cartoon Network has many shows that even come close to a million viewers.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Was it a limited engagement, or do theaters rip films out when they underperform? Because, a week after I saw this on the theater's biggest screen, it was completely gone.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

It's been made pretty clear that we'll never see those films. Things can always change of course, but I don't think it will ever happen.

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator

I understand what you are saying, but I am still shocked with how little money this made. I wonder if George Lucas was anticipating such a low number.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member

There was more chemistry in my 3 second exchange with the ticket taker at the Ziegfeld then there was between Anakin and Padme over the course of roughly seven hours of prequel movies...

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks