1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

need help with vinyl setup please?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by UKben, Jan 16, 2013.

1. UKben

UKben Auditioning

Im pretty young so i missed out on when vinyls were a big thing so i know nothing. What do i need? My guess is a turntable, amp and speakers... am i right? Can someone list me a good, cheap setup? Im willing to spend.. i dont know maybe £300? I have a lot of friends round mine and i have a free house most of the time so i really want some big speakers to give me a loud but clear sound. Is my budget unrealistic? Im willing to spend a bit more to get some bigger speakers. I dont have any interest in mixing i just wanna listen to tunes. The size of my room is 11ft x 11ft. Bare in mind your speaking to someone who has little experiance in sound systems. Just ever since i went to a free party i wanna rinse some techno and jungle records . Thanks

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I have no idea what £300 ($480.27 at today's exchange rate) will buy you. But it won't get you a good setup over here. Depending on your definition of good, it may not buy you a set of cables over here. I did hear a great vinyl setup once but the total cost was over $250,000. That was 2 speakers, 2 amps and 1 record player.
    Rinse? Explain your goals so that someone over the age of 20 can understand.

3. UKben

UKben Auditioning

Spin

4. UKben

UKben Auditioning

Also not even second hand?

5. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Here's the other thread where the bulk of this conversation has been: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/326916/need-help-with-vinyl-setup-please-help#post_4026123