What's new

need help with vinyl setup please? (1 Viewer)

UKben

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben dot
Im pretty young so i missed out on when vinyls were a big thing so i know nothing. What do i need? My guess is a turntable, amp and speakers... am i right? Can someone list me a good, cheap setup? Im willing to spend.. i dont know maybe £300? I have a lot of friends round mine and i have a free house most of the time so i really want some big speakers to give me a loud but clear sound. Is my budget unrealistic? Im willing to spend a bit more to get some bigger speakers. I dont have any interest in mixing i just wanna listen to tunes. The size of my room is 11ft x 11ft. Bare in mind your speaking to someone who has little experiance in sound systems. Just ever since i went to a free party i wanna rinse some techno and jungle records . Thanks

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have no idea what £300 ($480.27 at today's exchange rate) will buy you. But it won't get you a good setup over here. Depending on your definition of good, it may not buy you a set of cables over here. I did hear a great vinyl setup once but the total cost was over $250,000. That was 2 speakers, 2 amps and 1 record player.
ever since i went to a free party i wanna rinse some techno and jungle records
Rinse? Explain your goals so that someone over the age of 20 can understand.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Here's the other thread where the bulk of this conversation has been: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/326916/need-help-with-vinyl-setup-please-help#post_4026123

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks