What's new

NCAA Football 2004 (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Baylor is terrible; but Kansas actually played competitively in most of their games last year, and had a very good recruiting class..

That having been said, I'll still be pulling for my KSU Wildcat's again this year, as the wife pulls for her UofF Gators :)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Baylor is terrible; but Kansas actually played competitively in most of their games last year, and had a very good recruiting class..

That having been said, I'll still be pulling for my KSU Wildcat's again this year, as the wife pulls for her UofF Gators :)

SethH

Senior HTF Member

Very true, but this year we're playing USC first game of the season. This will be the first time we've lost before October in about 7 or 8 years (thanks mostly to very weak early schedules). All this to say, maybe the early loss will help to prevent the annual choke.

SethH

Senior HTF Member

Very true, but this year we're playing USC first game of the season. This will be the first time we've lost before October in about 7 or 8 years (thanks mostly to very weak early schedules). All this to say, maybe the early loss will help to prevent the annual choke.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
A little off-topic, but I'm in the middle of writing a book right now, and I have a college football question. Are there schools that use headsets to communicate plays to their quarterback, or is that just an NFL thing?

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
A little off-topic, but I'm in the middle of writing a book right now, and I have a college football question. Are there schools that use headsets to communicate plays to their quarterback, or is that just an NFL thing?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yes, there are. I think I have a list of the ones I knew called in plays by headsets. KSU does. I know that was a point of controversy in the year they lost to Texas A&M in the Big12 title game.. in that someone accused coaches of "listening in" to the other team..

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yes, there are. I think I have a list of the ones I knew called in plays by headsets. KSU does. I know that was a point of controversy in the year they lost to Texas A&M in the Big12 title game.. in that someone accused coaches of "listening in" to the other team..

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
This year the Boise State Broncos get to ruin a million color sets when ESPN broadcasts three home games (Oregon State, BYU, Fresno State) and viewers see our SmurfTurf for the first time.

With a new quarterback our string of leading the nation in scoring two of the last three years may be over. The three teams above will all try to knock us off and win their first game on the Bronco Blue turf.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
This year the Boise State Broncos get to ruin a million color sets when ESPN broadcasts three home games (Oregon State, BYU, Fresno State) and viewers see our SmurfTurf for the first time.

With a new quarterback our string of leading the nation in scoring two of the last three years may be over. The three teams above will all try to knock us off and win their first game on the Bronco Blue turf.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
I am anxious to see the rebuilding of my Arizona Wildcats as this year will be the first year with new head coach Mike Stoops (of Oaklahoma fame) and they just landed Steve Spurrier Jr. as the wide receivers coach.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
I am anxious to see the rebuilding of my Arizona Wildcats as this year will be the first year with new head coach Mike Stoops (of Oaklahoma fame) and they just landed Steve Spurrier Jr. as the wide receivers coach.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
You think Spurrier Jr. will ever be as good as dad? I wonder if he even looks like him and has the same hands under pits stance.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
As an alumnus of Georgia, let me just say Go Dawgs! Hopefully Richt and co. can finally take us to the promised land. :)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Brian Ralston:

Greetings from another PAC-10 Fan! I too look forward to seeing how Stoops parlays his famous name to on-field results. The worst thing to happen (as a competitor to my Bruins) was that UofA made the *correct* choice (IMO) in hiring Stoops. I did enjoy watching UofA cellar-dwell for a while, but am glad (in a bittersweet sort of way) that your program seems to be taking steps in the right direction. I have a friend who got his Masters from UofA and we regularly fly out to Tucson to visit him, and when the Bruins are in town we watch the game.

Unfortunately it seems my alma mater hired the WRONG guy in Dorrell, as he took an 8-5 program and went 6-7 with it, and more than that, the kids genuinely looked worse at the end of the year than they did in the beginning. We had our best QB (IMO) transfer and our #1RB as well.

But hey, turnabout being fair play, I read an article from the Tucson paper saying the worst thing to happen to UofA basketball was UCLA hiring Ben Howland (which I feel was the correct hire as well) and that he would be keeping more LA kids home rather than always bolting to other places (AZ being one of the popular options) because of Lavin. I'm actually more excited about BBall now because of the Howland hire.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Stoops will be pretty good at Arizona. I'm not sure how bad they truly are but I could imagine them being in a bowl game in 2 years if not earlier..

Spurrier Jr will be good too but it will be alot of time before that occurs.

R

RossTerry

For Texas, I hope for a National Championship every year. Same thing this year but I expect the same mediocre greatness that has been the Mack Brown era.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Problem KSU has this year is we get a run of all of them right in a row:

OU - Nebraska - TT - Missouri

Not a bad middle run. If they can get through that, the rest is easy sailing (IMHO).. man, would I love to see a stomp put down on OU.. never screamed as hard as during the Big12 title game last year ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks