What's new

NCAA Football 2004 (1 Viewer)

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator
My cousin is beginning his first year at UCF in Orlando so I now have a real reason to cheer/watch NCAA football.

Mike

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator
My cousin is beginning his first year at UCF in Orlando so I now have a real reason to cheer/watch NCAA football.

Mike

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'd favor Georgia to be the winner of the SEC considering everybody else is in rebuild mode. Maybe LSU to a lesser extent, but I'm hardpressed to think they can repeat their success of last year.

P.S. I hope Sports Illustrated doesn't make Georgia their pick for national title winner. :frowning:

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'd favor Georgia to be the winner of the SEC considering everybody else is in rebuild mode. Maybe LSU to a lesser extent, but I'm hardpressed to think they can repeat their success of last year.

P.S. I hope Sports Illustrated doesn't make Georgia their pick for national title winner. :frowning:

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping Marcus Vick isn't suspended for the ENTIRE season so that we at least stand a chance this season. Us Hokies don't really stand any chance of winning it all this year, but we're hoping for at least a shot at the ACC, but we'll probably need Vick if we're going to make a decent showing. And yes, we'll be getting beat up on by USC first game of the season. Marcus will certainly be suspended that game (not that it would make a difference).

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping Marcus Vick isn't suspended for the ENTIRE season so that we at least stand a chance this season. Us Hokies don't really stand any chance of winning it all this year, but we're hoping for at least a shot at the ACC, but we'll probably need Vick if we're going to make a decent showing. And yes, we'll be getting beat up on by USC first game of the season. Marcus will certainly be suspended that game (not that it would make a difference).

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I hope Ohio State can pull off a Florida State/Miami and reload and continue to win. It may be pretty hard considering that 14 players were taken in the draft.

As for Clarett, I honestly don't know whether to give up on him or hope that he comes back a better person and be ready to give 100% on the field and in the classroom.

I think the Big Ten title and maybe a spot in the national title game will come down to the U-M/OSU game.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I hope Ohio State can pull off a Florida State/Miami and reload and continue to win. It may be pretty hard considering that 14 players were taken in the draft.

As for Clarett, I honestly don't know whether to give up on him or hope that he comes back a better person and be ready to give 100% on the field and in the classroom.

I think the Big Ten title and maybe a spot in the national title game will come down to the U-M/OSU game.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt

Steve: If UGA can get their O-line clicking, then they'll be pretty tough to beat. Lumpkin looked real good at the end of last season, and Odell Thurman & Pollack return on D....replacing Sean Jones will be tough though. I'm a Tech grad, but I do look forward to seeing the UGA/FL game; its my current pick for game of the year.

I think GT will do OK in the new ACC, but I think its going to be a rough year for the carolina schools. NCSU lost Rivers, Duke had a player killed in an accident, UNC doesn't seem like they believe in Bunting anymore, and Wake is kind of a wild card. Miami is probably going to win going away, at least this year...FSU still has Rix as QB, and VT lost a lot of players. I'll be watching most of it from Mexico.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt

Steve: If UGA can get their O-line clicking, then they'll be pretty tough to beat. Lumpkin looked real good at the end of last season, and Odell Thurman & Pollack return on D....replacing Sean Jones will be tough though. I'm a Tech grad, but I do look forward to seeing the UGA/FL game; its my current pick for game of the year.

I think GT will do OK in the new ACC, but I think its going to be a rough year for the carolina schools. NCSU lost Rivers, Duke had a player killed in an accident, UNC doesn't seem like they believe in Bunting anymore, and Wake is kind of a wild card. Miami is probably going to win going away, at least this year...FSU still has Rix as QB, and VT lost a lot of players. I'll be watching most of it from Mexico.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
While these aren't high expectations, I expect my Sooners to be in the National Title game again this year. Keep in mind though that losing 2 games is a bad season at OU. Given our coach and the talent that he has brought in, Our expectations are going to be high until Stoops jets to the NFL(whom really can't afford him).

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
While these aren't high expectations, I expect my Sooners to be in the National Title game again this year. Keep in mind though that losing 2 games is a bad season at OU. Given our coach and the talent that he has brought in, Our expectations are going to be high until Stoops jets to the NFL(whom really can't afford him).

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
I think most colleges that are in the hunt year after year would think 2 losses as a bad season. If you have 2 looses anywhere near the end of the season kiss your hopes goodbye. That's why it's great that Florida plays Miami at the begining of the year.

As for Stoops....noone thought spurrier would ever go neither. Now that he's free there's hope of him returning.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
I think most colleges that are in the hunt year after year would think 2 losses as a bad season. If you have 2 looses anywhere near the end of the season kiss your hopes goodbye. That's why it's great that Florida plays Miami at the begining of the year.

As for Stoops....noone thought spurrier would ever go neither. Now that he's free there's hope of him returning.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
No I don't think he would return to UF as long as Foley is there but there are a lot of other colleges that would entertain the idea of having him.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
No I don't think he would return to UF as long as Foley is there but there are a lot of other colleges that would entertain the idea of having him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks