What's new

NCAA Basketball 2004-2005 discussion (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Midnight madness starts tonight...and ESPN has released its top 25 I thought it would be a good time to get the ball rolling so to speak on the 2004-05 NCAA Basketball discussion.

The top 5

1. Wake Forest
2. Kansas
3. Georgia Tech
4. North Carolina
5. Syracuse

Personally, I like Georgia Tech this year off of their tournament run from last season, they could take it all the way this time. A lot of buzz is forming around North Carolina this year.

I'm pumped and ready to go, even if the season doesn't get going for a little while yet...hey we've got a new NBA thread during preseason so why not? Especially since my baseball team has been eliminated, and my football team is struggling, and my NBA team is the Lakers?

Duke isn't top 5...I wonder what kind of year they'll have?

Like with college football, I have no favorite teams, but there are ertain programs I like to keep an eye out for.

Anyone got some freshman on their favorite teams they've heard good things about?

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Nothing better than living here on Tobacco Road...

Duke is in a down cycle but they'll still be hell to play in Durham

Carolina will definitely contend but will the players listen to Roy if they have a poor start?

Wake Forest is the X factor, I think they will live and die on Chris paul's game.

GT, I dunno they kind of snuck up on me last year, lets all enjoy the bloodbath that the ACC regular season will be.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I don't have a favorite team but I love ACC basketball, and there are a lot of very good teams out there this season.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
5 teams in the Top 12 in the ACC. Don't forget about the Terps. The only lost one player from last year's team, Jamar Smith and return everyone else and a year older.

Todd

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The real season starts in January, so can't really make any solid predictions until then. I want my GT Yellow Jackets to do well, just don't know how flukey last season was for them, and if they are up to the task of climbing that championship mountain with the same gusto and zeal as they did last season.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I'm a little disappointed to see my alma mater UConn not make the top 5, but good to see them at least top ten.

I think Providence is a team to look out for in the Big East this year, as they had some strong moments last season as well.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
While Oklahoma is rated in the top 25, I don't see them doing a ton this year.

I do however see Oklahoma State making yet another Final Four run. They just have way too many weapons and their coach isn't too shabby ;)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

ACC basketball reminds me a lot of SEC football -- lots of quality depth, making for some exciting games.

I see that Michigan did not crack ESPN's Top 25. They've made it to a few other ratings lists. Hopefully the Wolverines will return to the NCAA tourney this season. They have enough talent to get there.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Who is supposed to be good down in the S.E.C. anyway? I guess that given its more of a football conference, unless you're Kentucky...I don't pay as much attention to the basketball side. At least not to the extent that I pay to the ACC.

That seems to be one of those conferences where a team will get good for a couple of years, and then drift down, I remember Auburn being very good for a time, and Alabama, but not sustaining it, again probably in part to those being first and foremost football schools.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Florida with Billy Donovan is usually a perennial power. Alabama should be good this year also as Mark Gottfried is quietly building quite a program down there. The SEC has really improved in overall depth the last 4-5 years in my opinion, but no doubt its still a football conference.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

With the return of Matt Walsh, David Lee and Anthony Roberson they should do well.I am actually surprised they are ranked so low at 16. I was going to the game in Miami against Providence. It's always fun to see a coach play against his former school and since I used to live in R.I. I though it would be fun but at $35 a ticket I don't think I will....:frowning:

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The season is starting off with a bang.

UNC the #3 ranked team loses to Santa Clara last night.

Kansas almost loses but pulls it out in the end.

Missouri loses to Davidson.

This should be an interesting year for College Hoops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks