What's new

Monster's Ball, is Canadian Signature version the longer cut? (1 Viewer)

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
I just got a Canadian copy of the Lions Gate Signature Series of Monster's Ball. On the front it looks identical to the US copy (at least according to what I see on sites like dvdempire etc).

On the back though, my copy says "original theatrical version" and "R rating". The US copy says "longer version" and "Unrated". Now I would like to know if I really got the newer longer cut or not?

Ron Birk

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Well, the longer cut was the original theatrical version in Canada, so I would imagine that it's the longer cut.

DJ

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Yes, the Lion's Gate Signature Series DVD contains the uncensored version of the film.

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
Rain, thanks for the answer. Are you referring to the Canadian version of Lion's Gate Signature Series DVD or the US version? The fronts looks the same but the back have different text, ratings etc. That is why I got consfused.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Oh!

I was not aware that there might be a difference between the US and Canadian Signature Series DVDs.

In any case, the one I have was bought here in Canada from a local retailer, so I can only assume it is the Canadian version.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
There's only a slight difference in running time between the two versions. When the first end credits appear, the U.S. theatrical version will be around 1:47:35, while the unrated version will be around 1:48:28 (the latter time is taken from the U.S. Signature edition).

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks