1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Monster's Ball, is Canadian Signature version the longer cut?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by rbirk, Apr 21, 2003.

1. rbirk

rbirk Second Unit

I just got a Canadian copy of the Lions Gate Signature Series of Monster's Ball. On the front it looks identical to the US copy (at least according to what I see on sites like dvdempire etc).

On the back though, my copy says "original theatrical version" and "R rating". The US copy says "longer version" and "Unrated". Now I would like to know if I really got the newer longer cut or not?

Ron Birk

2. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell
    Well, the longer cut was the original theatrical version in Canada, so I would imagine that it's the longer cut.

DJ

3. Rain

Rain Producer

Yes, the Lion's Gate Signature Series DVD contains the uncensored version of the film.

4. rbirk

rbirk Second Unit

Rain, thanks for the answer. Are you referring to the Canadian version of Lion's Gate Signature Series DVD or the US version? The fronts looks the same but the back have different text, ratings etc. That is why I got consfused.

5. Rain

Rain Producer

Oh!

I was not aware that there might be a difference between the US and Canadian Signature Series DVDs.

In any case, the one I have was bought here in Canada from a local retailer, so I can only assume it is the Canadian version.

6. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

There's only a slight difference in running time between the two versions. When the first end credits appear, the U.S. theatrical version will be around 1:47:35, while the unrated version will be around 1:48:28 (the latter time is taken from the U.S. Signature edition).

M.