What's new

Press Release USHE Press Release: M3GAN (2022) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
edfe0770-b4f2-0da4-b380-ec1922a6b2aa.png
PLAN THE ULTIMATE SLAY DATE WITH EVERYONE’S
NEW BEST FRIEND AS THE ALL-NEW
UNRAT3D VERSION COMES HOME
31b78479-fd9f-6cde-8911-64413c8696a9.png
“AN IMMEDIATE CULT CLASSIC” - (THE DAILY BEAST)
CERTIFIED FRESH ON ROTTEN TOMATOES

OWN THE THEATRICAL VERSION AND THE UNRATED VERSION
ON DIGITAL FEBRUARY 24, 2023
BLU-RAYTM AND DVD MARCH 21, 2023

FROM ATOMIC MONSTER, BLUMHOUSE AND
UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
f4e43112-8096-448f-8197-3867fd10524d.png
Universal City, California, February 17, 2023 – She’s more than a toy. She’s family. And now she’s Unrated. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes with a score of 95%, the year’s most unnerving film M3GANarrives in an all-new unrated version with revealing extras when you buy on Digital February 24, 2023 and on Blu-rayTM and DVD March 21, 2023 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. The “existentially scary” (Collider) film, presented from Universal Pictures and Blumhouse and produced by Atomic Monster in association with Divide/Conquer, has crossed $167 million at the global box office. M3GAN is produced by masters of horror—Atomic Monster’s James Wan (Saw, Insidious, The Conjuring, Anabelle) and Blumhouse’s Jason Blum (Halloween franchise, The Invisible Man, The Black Phone) and directed by Gerald Johnstone (Housebound). The M3GAN UNRAT3D VERSION delivers more distressing violence and profanity and features never-before-seen bonus content including a breakdown of the creation of M3GAN and behind-the-scenes featurettes showcasing the film’s complex stunts and gory deaths.

M3GAN is a marvel of artificial intelligence, a life-like doll programmed to be a child’s greatest companion and a parent’s greatest ally. Designed by brilliant toy-company roboticist Gemma (Allison Williams, Get Out), M3GAN can listen and watch and learn as she becomes friend and teacher, playmate and protector, for the child she is bonded to. As Gemma faces pressure at work from her boss (Ronny Chieng, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings) to deliver a finished version of M3GAN, she suddenly becomes the unprepared caretaker of her newly orphaned 8-year-old niece, Cady (Violet McGraw, The Haunting of Hill House). Gemma decides to pair the M3GAN prototype with Cady in an attempt to resolve both problems—a decision that will have unimaginable consequences.

With the purchase of M3GAN on disc or Digital, fans are eligible to earn points towards digital movies via the Universal All-Access Rewards program. Members can redeem their points for digital movies, swag and more! For registration and details please visit www.MyUniversalRewards.com.

EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
  • A New Vision of Horror - Filmmakers and cast break down how the world of M3GAN was created, including the initial idea, through production under the leadership of director Gerard Johnstone
  • Bringing Life to M3GAN - See how animatronics, puppets, and actor Amie Donald helped make M3GAN as real as possible
  • Getting Hacked - A behind-the-scenes look at how cast and crew accomplished some of the film's complex stunts and gory deaths

FILMMAKERS:
Cast: Allison Williams, Violet McGraw, Ronny Chieng
Casting By: Terri Taylor CSA, Sarah Domeier Lindo CSA,
Music By: Anthony Willis
Edited By: Jeff McEvoy
Executive Producers: Allison Williams, Mark David Katchur, Ryan Turek, Michael Clear, Judson Scott, Adam Henricks, Greg Gilreath
Produced By: Jason Blum p.g.a., James Wan p.g.a.
Story By: Akela Cooper & James Wan
Screenplay By: Akela Cooper
Directed By: Gerard Johnstone

TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAYTM:
Street Date: March 21, 2023 (US)
Selection Number: 1000814311 (US)
Layers: BD-50
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9 2.39:1
Rating: Rated PG-13 for violent content and terror, some strong language, and a suggestive reference
Subtitles: English, Latin American Spanish and French Canadian
Languages/Sound: English (DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1, Dolby Digital 2.0 for Bonus Content), Latin American Spanish (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1) and French Canadian (DTS Digital Surround 5.1)
Run Time: 01:41:31

TECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD:
Street Date: March 21, 2023 (US)
Selection Number: 1000814312 (US)
Layers: DVD 9
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9 2.39:1
Rating: Rated PG-13 for violent content and terror, some strong language, and a suggestive reference Subtitles: English, Latin American Spanish and French Canadian
Languages/Sound: English (Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital 2.0 for Bonus Content), Latin American Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1) and French Canadian (Dolby Digital 5.1)
Run Time: 01:41:31

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
This was actually quite fun. I thought, while I saw it theatrically, that an unrated/uncensored version would be more appropriate for the genre. It was obviously chopped down for a PG-13 rating for the kiddies. So I'm getting this.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Surprised this isn’t automatically coming out in UHD- I guess that will be down the road.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Surprised they're putting this out unrated after marketing it to teens/tweens in theaters as PG-13. Hope some oblivious parent doesn't buy their little princess the wrong version, thinking it's the same film she watched in the theater.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
Enjoyed this quite a bit, but like Violent Night, I'll hold off until a UHD release and continue my frustrations with Universal over not releasing them for months or handing them over to a boutique label.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Enjoyed this quite a bit, but like Violent Night, I'll hold off until a UHD release and continue my frustrations with Universal over not releasing them for months or handing them over to a boutique label.
Ah- so Universal doesn’t normally release UHDs for the new films, at least right away?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’ll Pick up the 4K digital when it hits $9.99

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
Ah- so Universal doesn’t normally release UHDs for the new films, at least right away?
Seems to increasingly be the case. All three of their Christopher Landon films, which I think are a pretty apples to apples comparison, came out way down the line on 4K through Scream Factory without ever getting one from Universal.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill

Seems to increasingly be the case. All three of their Christopher Landon films, which I think are a pretty apples to apples comparison, came out way down the line on 4K through Scream Factory without ever getting one from Universal.
There was a part of me that wondered if this was a BlumHouse thing, but then I remembered that Uni released the Halloween trilogy themselves in 4K UHD. I might grab digital before getting the inevitable Scream factory 4K disc.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
There was a part of me that wondered if this was a BlumHouse thing, but then I remembered that Uni released the Halloween trilogy themselves in 4K UHD. I might grab digital before getting the inevitable Scream factory 4K disc.
Yeah, I don’t think it’s purely a Blumhouse thing, though I do wonder if that factors into the decision for things without the prestige of the Halloween name.

I’m guessing it’s the same studio logic that saw WB delay the Malignant 4K for so long, which seems to be either a belief that they won’t sell enough units or they’re hoping for a double dip. Either way, I feel like it’s a doubling down on what’s asked of physical media buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks