What's new

Matrix box set shaping up (1 Viewer)

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Yep... I have the game, only for the 1 hours video... The game is fun the first time... After it's boring.

I'll have to sell:

- Matrix
- Matrix Revisited
- Enter the Matrix (PS2)
- Matrix Reloaded
- Matrix Revolutions
- Animatrix

:) The Joy of Double dip! But I'll wait the official announcements for region 1 DVD Box Set.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
More details in today's Rumor Mill post at The Bits.

Remastered Matrix. No extended cuts.

Looking forward to my man Cornel West's commentaries--I'll rent Reloaded and Revolutions just for that (and the three critics who hated all three films who are supposedly on the second commentary).

Hopefully these 10 discs will be available separately: having held off on buying anything (although I'll now need to get the original Matrix since supposedly none of its supps are being reproduced on the new remaster), I'm basically only interested in discs 1, 2, 7, 8 and maybe 10 pending reviews of content.

-p

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I loved the video game. 1080i on Xbox and 5.1 surround, its incredible. But yeah, once you beat it with both characters, it gets old.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
...except that I haven't seen anything indicating that the original would be going out of print. When they announce the box set discs as individual releases, that's when you may see it. Even then, there have been so many copies of the original Matrix film sold, I doubt that it will ever fetch much on eBay. The only extra I would really miss would be the isolated score with commentary.

Regards,

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Damn, so we lose the commentary tracks with Carrie-Anne Moss, Zach Staenberg and the visual effects supervisor plus the isolated score with composer commentary and HBO's "First Look" documentary, but we get 5 whole discs devoted to the lousy sequels... I don't see why they couldn't just issue a 2-Disc Special Edition with the new master, commentary tracks and whatever else?

Oh well.

R. Kay

Second Unit
After the Wachowski's blew it with the lousy 'Revolutions', does anyone really care to see twice the crappy footage ?

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Lot of hostility here regarding the sequels. Drop it! We're discussing the boxset here, not how good or bad the films are.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
But of course, Magnus, how good or bad one feels the sequels are has a direct bearing on that person's interest in/feelings about the box set, esp. if WHV doesn't indicate in its press release that these discs will be available separately at some point in the (hopefully near) future . . .

-p

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I won't double dip unless I can get a copy of the original remastered. I can only imagine what it will look like if they equal the quality of the 2nd and 3rd film's PQ combined with the first movie's sound. The first disc is already pretty awesome and this would raise the bar.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Perhaps this is just me but since they are remastering some of the best looking DVD's out there, why not do it to the Animatrix as well? I remember also hearing rumors of an Animatrix 2 but perhaps that was put down after the final film didn't live up to box office expectations.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Because the Animatrix already sports quite a bully soundtrack/picture and is loaded with special features to boot.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Well I may just pass this up afterall. The extra footage rumored for Matrix 2 was a big selling point for me... but without it I'm just not that excited about any other extras. Plus 2 of the 10 discs are re-releases. They could have just kept those out of the set and made it an EIGHT disc set to keep the price more reasonable. I'm still bitter about being letdown with the sequels, so it's going to be hard convincing myself to buy this set. The whole thing just feels like WB and the Wachowski's trying to milk the fans for more money without putting any real effort and care into the set. It's as heartless as what Lucas does with his Star Wars re-releases sometimes.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I don't see how this could be totally milking the fans. If the two revisited docs are anything like the first than that alone more effort than most do. I have no doubt that at a later time this box wil;l be split up, but for now, this is for the fans. I really do not see them being lazy anywhere on this release? It's just a complete set.

Nkosi

Stunt Coordinator
I will reluctantly buy this set. The major selling point to me is the Cornel West commentary which I am dying to hear. It's a drag though that I'll essential have duplicates of many disks that I've already paid hard earned money for beforehand. Tis the industry.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

True. But no doubt they want a single-inventory item that is "The Complete Matrix", for marketing purposes, and if it "forces" die-hard fans to spend a little more buying two discs they already have, the producers are not going to complain. I certainly wish they'd do an 8-discer, and package the two into a bundle with the 8-disc set for those who've never bought any Matrix related DVD before this so they can get everything in a single purchase (just like Paramount keeps repackaging Star Trek movie box sets as each new SE comes out -- talk about milking something...), but it's no doubt easier and more profitable to go "The Complete Matrix" route.

So that leaves idiots like me a few months to re-watch Animatrix and Revisited (just for the hell of it) and sell them off quickly, before the boxset is released. (Yes, I have all 3 movies as well.)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#0812

According to Warner's survey, the 10-disc The Ultimate Matrix DVD Gift Set will include the three Matrix movies, The Animatrix and 6 discs of "enhanced content" with over 35 hours of bonus material. SRP is expected to be in the range of $59.99.

It looks like there will also be more elaborate (and more expensive) version of the set that will include all 10 discs in special packaging, along with an "exclusive resin Neo bust and an 80-page book with never-before-seen artwork and storyboards."

check out the link for the pics

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks