What's new

Matrix box set shaping up (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I might buy this. I sold my Matrix a long time ago (I was laid off work and needed cash so some DVDs had to go) but wishing I hadnt recently when I first saw Reloaded and Revolutions.

Ill wait for the specs and see if I buy the set or just go buy the first two seperately; which I still need.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member

There are already 7 discs of material out. It wouldn't e very comprehensive if the left out stuff that alreadys been released.

GrantM

Stunt Coordinator

I hope that was sarcastic. I look at it conversely - If Matrix will have a 9 disc set, why can't Star Wars? Honestly, though, as much as i would love that, 9 discs for Star Wars may not be possible. But 6 discs should be feasible. No matter how good the SW doc will be there will still be that nagging feeling - "there should be more...", just like there was for the Indy collection.

Even though I have all the Matrix releases thus far, except Revolutions, I say bring on the 9 disc set!! I have no problem double-dipping for one of my favorite movie series of all time.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Well, if Reloaded is an extended version it HAS TO HAVE a new HD transfer because there isn't one now right?

Perhaps there are changes to Revolutions as well not yet announced that would justify a new transfer being made. There were rumors a while back of some minor tweaks.

Maybe intead of or in addition to the video game footage we'll get a longer version of the 3 ship operation at the end of Reloaded instead of the montage in the existing film. It is the only part of the entire saga that doesn't play linearly.

If there's any possible way they can improve Revolutions I'm quite interested.

I hope they will release a 3 disc version of The Matrix too, but not sure it will happen. Unless I hear good things about the extended Reloaded or modifications to Revolutions, a special edition of the first film alone would be awfully tempting.

Who am I kidding? I caved on the Alien Quadrilogy and two of those films are practically unwatchable. If I can get a good price I'll buy it. Maybe DDD will do it's 20% off thing again.

Todd McF

Second Unit
I watched the first Matrix a few days ago on my projector. It certainly is clear and detailed enough - but the blacks in some cases are green and/or crushed. The two sequels are simply incredible.

I'd definately buy (and only buy) the first one. The others are already in great shape.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I just hope that the three-disc Matrix version is available separately.

That's how it's supposed to look. In the Matrix, everything has a green tint to it.

Todd McF

Second Unit
>> That's how it's supposed to look. In the Matrix, everything has a green tint to it.

That's true, but trust me there is a black crush. In some scenes its either green or a dark grey / crush. There is no true black. Revolutions is a totally diffent issue. The early scene showing the Morphius conference right before the first fight has incredible distinction between blacks and greens.

The old disk is a pretty good disk - but it has issues.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Yes, the filmmakers have already commented that the existing Matrix release is too bright. When you watch them all together it really shows.

The existing disc has some bad compression artifacting in backgrounds in spots too. (Just watched it last night.) The fact that parts of it seem artificially brightened to that shade of green MPEG-2 can't handle well could be part of the problem.

Can't wait to have a better-looking version. Hopefully, if we get multiple cuts, we'll get the new transfer on the theatrical version in addition to any modified version. I fear the film could be altered "to bring it in line with the rest of the saga". Sound familiar?

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor

More? She wasn't even naked to begin with, although we did get a nice ass shot

of Keanu :angry:

I would not buy this set.

Alistair_M

Second Unit
I've all three movies on dvd. Pretty pleased with them for now.

As I see it - this set will be a purchase to look forward to when real High Def DVD (Bluray or HD-DVD) arrives. I can wait until then before spending more money on Matrix related dvds.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I've held off buying reloaded and revolutions because of the upcoming box set, but I don't hope I have to pay for Animatrix and Matrix Revisited one more time... Other than that, I'm really looking forward to this box set, especially if we get some extended cut of reloaded (and I hope also of revolutions)...

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I wonder why only an extended cut of Reloaded? What about expanding a little on Revolutions, and get some stuff cleared up inside the Matrix.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I'll be getting it.

Hopefully, they'll take out that To Be Continued... thing at the end of Reloaded.
Didn't Revolutions also have a recap?
or did it just pick up right where Revolutions ended?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks