What's new

Speculation: With Vinegar Syndrome's AMITYVILLE HORROR UHD BD, Will There be an Eventual Box Set? (1 Viewer)

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Was just wondering...

With the Vinegar Syndrome 4K release of the original Amityville Horror -- which we have discussed in here ad nauseum -- will it be long before Scream or another boutique house (maybe even Vinegar themselves, being that they put out Amityville collections in the past) puts out a 4K box set including the sequels Amityville II and Amityville 3-D?

I never got around to picking up the long-out-of-print Amityville Trilogy Blu-ray box from Scream, being that I'm actually perfectly happy with the MGM set of the DVDs that came out around the time of the awful Platinum Dunes remake of the first film. In fact, that set includes the excellent History Channel documentaries about the mystery surrounding the case, never included in Scream's box; I would have liked to sample the DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround mix on the Amityville II disc, as the DVD in the MGM set is in mono only, and I love how they used the original theatrical poster art on all three discs in the Scream set, but I have a special connection to the DVD box and have no issues, in particular, with the remastering job they did on Amityville Horror in it. A supposed "new high def film transfer" was used for that DVD, and the results truly look spectacular -- I can't imagine Scream's Blu looking much better.

Anyway, I digress -- is it likely we'll see something like this come down the pike in Ultra HD, or is the first film as put out by Vinegar Syndrome going to be the final story?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks