What's new

Lost season 3 discussion.... (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
It's funny, in the EW Lost insert this past week, there was a section by Stephen King who said that the 4-toed foot statue should never be brought up again. Personally I would like to know more about as well. :)

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
The whole 4 toe statue could just be a red herring. Perhaps a civilization made it a long time ago and through bad planning only could put on 4 toes? I doubt that the 4 toed statue will ever have a role in the mythology of the island

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Not according to the podcasts done by Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindeloff - it is meant to be the springboard for another mystery. 'Course after talking to King they may change their minds.:laugh:

Joe_H

Screenwriter
First of all, I wanted to say that people who are interested in the back story of the Hanso Foundation as well as the Dharma Initiative should check out the Lost experience revelations site here http://lostpedia.com/wiki/The_Lost_E...ce_revelations for more information. Some of it ties into the show, some just talks about the foundation, but regardless, I'm pretty sure that none of this will ever be disclosed on the show. Here's two of the videos that were put together that explain quite a bit.

However, if it does spoil something that later appears on the show, don't blame me.

Secondly, I know this isn't really the place for it, but I was just rewatching season 1 and will have (re)completed season 2 before Wednesday, and I thought it was funny to see how Walt tells Hurley that "You owe me $20,000", to which Hurley's response was "You'll get it." Just one of those comments that you think was a character blowing the other off, and it turns out its telling more about them.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Any civilization that can make a statue like that wouldn't make the mistake of missing a toe. It was made with 4 toes as it's model.

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
someone just mentioned that in a podcast the producers said it was a springboard to something else. I didnt know that, so looks like it is.

Even if the civilization has the capability to make it, doesnt mean they will make it fit their reality. How many artists in the world have created renditions of humans that arent accurate in reality of the human form? Be it art, literature, movies, tv, etc.

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
yea since they are "taking us off the island" some this year (I think Lindeloff said that) it would make sense about Desmond and the whole Penny Widmore connection... As far as Henry gale - he was too popular I think, and they are also doing alot with the "Others."

I, for one, and extremely excited for this wednesday!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
By that logic, why trust any drawing/statue/artefact then?

Leaving out a toe is "art"? Aren't we reaching a bit there?

Lemme guess, "who knows how an unknown civilization defines art"? :)

--
H

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I'm not sure though, I kind of get the feeling that they won't really take us off the island that much, but people finding the island and probably going to it to search for survivors is just another excuse for some other boat/plane/whatever to crash and get some new people into the cast.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Lots of animation and comic drawings use four fingers for people instead of five.

Simpsons, Futurama, Peanuts, etc.....

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
You would be missing the point, just like Charlie did. I am more familiar with disproportionate representations of the human form than you will ever know. But you see, we're talking about a work whose creator went through the trouble of accurately representing these extremeties... only to leave out the last one (which BTW, the writers went out of their way to point out to us).

If you want to believe it is a mistake or artistic license similar in anyway to the gross distortions devoid of details illustrated above, be my guest.

--
H

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
If you live near Dallas...

I just learned that Maggie Grace will be appearing at the Dallas Comic Con at the end of October. If you do come, look for me appearing there as well! I do comics on the side.

http://www.scifiexpo.com

Can't wait until Wednesday. BTW, did anyon else Tivo the finale the other night only to find they switched programming to something else? I was looking forward to catching up before the premiere just to have the rug yanked out from under me. It sucked.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Jason, for the Stephen King quote.

So it was more of a "one too many mysteries" comment, rather than a "the four-toed idea is bad" problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks