What's new

RIP Annie Wersching (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Annie Wersching, best known for playing Renee Walker in the seventh and eighth seasons of "24", has passed away from cancer at the age of 45.

Her husband released the following statement:
There is a cavernous hole in the soul of this family today. But she left us the tools to fill it. She found wonder in the simplest moment. She didn’t require music to dance. She taught us not to wait for adventure to find you. ‘Go find it. It’s everywhere.’ And find it we shall.

As I drove our boys, the true loves of her life, down the winding driveway and street, she would yell BYE! until we were out of earshot and into the world. I can still hear it ringing. Bye my Buddie. "I love you little family…"

In addition to "24", she was a series regular on the first season of "Bosch", and recurred thereafter. She also had recurring roles on "The Vampire Diaries" as Lily Salvatore and on "Timeless" as Emma Witmore. In the video game world, she had provided the voice and motion capture for Tess in "The Last of Us".

Since her cancer diagnosis two years ago, she continued to work regularly, with recurring roles on "The Rookie" and as the Borg Queen on "Star Trek: Picard".

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thank you for posting that link, Travis. Annie’s work brought me solace at two distinctly different times in my life when the escapism of the arts was very much needed. I’m saddened by the news of her untimely passing and hope that my small donation will help in some small way to allow the family time to grieve.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was very sad to read this. She was always a marvelous actress. I never know she was dealing with cancer, and it's a great, great pity for her fans and a definite tragedy for her family. R.I.P.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This is just devastating. I’m in the process of rewatching Picard Season 2 in anticipation for the new season, so I feel like I’ve been seeing her every day for a while. She’s absolutely terrific in the part, too, equal parts sinister and calculating. She never lets you forget that her character has her own interests in mind all the time. BTW, she basically started her career with Star Trek too, as her part in Enterprise was one of her earliest roles.

And holy cow, 45? With three young kids? That’s just gut-wrenching.

Condolences to her family and friends. I’m deeply saddened to hear this.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Any life cut this tragically short is devastatingly sad. My prayers will go out to the family and circle of friends. It's yet another reminder to treasure and maximize every moment we have. Based on her husbands comments, she fully understood and practiced this principal.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I didn't like Picard but she played her role well and was great in Bosch and 24, she was the same age as my wife when she passed.Cancer sucks

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I first saw her many years ago on General Hospital.

This stinks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FORBES-AnnieWerschingInterview-CreditJonathanWeiner.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks