What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Is there any chance of Johnny Staccato coming to DVD? (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by ToddR2

Yes, they will be on DVD-9's (Timeless doesn't issue flippers), and it is a half hour show. I'm quite happy that this has been announced, and I'll be purchasing it as soon as it is available. Richard, please consider purchasing Brenner, another Timeless release, it's a terrific show, more realistic than most police shows from that (or any other) era.

I've just had a look on TV.com for a Brenner episode guide, and it appears the show lasted two seasons.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
Watched the first couple episodes from TMG's Johnny Staccato DVD set last night. Run don't walk to pick up this set. Prints look fantastic; great, great music, and just a super series. It will probably be my best blind buy of 2010. TMG has hit another homerun releasing yet another series that would have never seen the light of day without them.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug^Ch

Watched the first couple episodes from TMG's Johnny Staccato DVD set last night. Run don't walk to pick up this set. Prints look fantastic; great, great music, and just a super series. It will probably be my best blind buy of 2010. TMG has hit another homerun releasing yet another series that would have never seen the light of day without them.

Great to hear, Doug. It's going to be a blind buy for me as well, but I'm sure I'll love it!

Gary "I've heard nothing but good things about this series from those in the know" O.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
My copy is on-order with my local Barnes & Noble - however, I am still waiting for the actual arrival notification.

From other things I've read, I'll bet Cassavetes took this job as a way to raise money to shoot more of his own movies.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
It is interesting to me that TMG would take a chance on manufacturing dvds of such an obscure show when such well known shows like Highway Patrol have to go the MOD route.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Dang, looks like another blind-buy for me. How can one resist with all the accolades being given. I'm currently in the beginning of season 2 of Peter Gunn (UK version) and if it is anywhere near as good as that it will be an easy winner for me. I see Buy and DD both have it for under $24, which makes it an even easier immediate purchase. Visiting this website on a regular basis is costing me a small fortune.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Just wanted to give this another plug--I got my copy last week, and highly recommend it! Very good picture quality--almost CBS/Paramount level. It's one of the better-looking Timeless releases. J.S. is a fun little show--dripping with hipster dialogue, lots of TV-style beatniks in the background of the club scenes, and some good guest stars (including west coast jazz musicians). Seems to be filmed with a combination of Hollywood interiors, Manhattan exteriors, and some Universal backlot shooting.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Guy Foulard
Just wanted to give this another plug--I got my copy last week, and highly recommend it! Very good picture quality--almost CBS/Paramount level. It's one of the better-looking Timeless releases. J.S. is a fun little show--dripping with hipster dialogue, lots of TV-style beatniks in the background of the club scenes, and some good guest stars (including west coast jazz musicians). Seems to be filmed with a combination of Hollywood interiors, Manhattan exteriors, and some Universal backlot shooting.

Gary filled me in about this one. This one will be in the sleigh on the 24th. As a Jazz fan, this sounds great. I've never seen it.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Just got mine last night based on the references to the similarities to Peter Gunn. Popped in the first disk for a few moments just to check out the quality and was pleased with the results.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
Brad,

Your going to love it! I just saw the episode titled Fly Baby Fly - just fantastic, it does not get much better than that in a 30 minute show, and Gena Rowlands What a looker at that point in her career! Wow is all I can say!

Doug

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I was pleased with the print quality in Timeless's Brenner DVD set (any chance of Timeless releasing the remaining episodes on DVD?), so am looking forward to getting my copy of the Johnny Staccato DVD set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks