1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

iPAD for word processing

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by josephhopkins, Apr 21, 2013.

1. josephhopkins

josephhopkins New Member

H. Joseph Hopkins
    Hi,
    I am thinking for getting a refurbished iPAD and pairing it w/ a ZAGG bluetooth keyboard. I mainly do word processing and I use a MacBook as my main computer. I think iPAD w/ keyboard could help me when doing historical research in archives. My question: do I need 16, 32, or 64 gb iPAD? Is there a benefit to higher gb for word processing? and/or possible scanning of documents? Will iPAD 4 be the best investment?

Thank you for your time and attention. I look forward to your comments and suggestions.
    Joe Hopkins

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Hi Joseph, welcome to HTF!

If you ever plan to use your iPad for media consumption (music, movies) a larger size will benefit you.

As it stands, just word processing with Pages will not take up that much space.

3. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    16 GB for word processing. 32GB for photos of the family. 64gb for games and movies. If you want to carry an entire research library of PDFs and scanned images, you should see how large that really is, and if you need more than 16GB