What's new

Hawaii 5-0 - season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I finally got to watch an episode that I DVR'd about a week ago. Does anyone have any information whether Lori Weston (Lauren German) is really leaving the show, or is this just being introduced as a plot line for the time being? I can't find any news on it online.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm hoping she's gone for good. She's a mediocre actress (at least here), and was completely unconvincing with action stuff. She was also a fifth wheel on the team; she really wasn't needed, but her presence usually left Kono back in the HQ on the computer.

I'm thinking she was brought in as a potential love interest for Steve, and they just didn't click on camera. At least, I didn't think they clicked at all.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I hope she stays for good. She's a fine actress from my perspective, and IMO she adds a lot to the show.
I've found a bit more on whether she is staying or leaving since I first asked the question, but still nothing conclusive. I want her to remain on the series, as her being on it is a primary reason I will keep watching the show.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
MattH. said:
I'm hoping she's gone for good. She's a mediocre actress (at least here), and was completely unconvincing with action stuff. She was also a fifth wheel on the team; she really wasn't needed, but her presence usually left Kono back in the HQ on the computer.
I'm thinking she was brought in as a potential love interest for Steve, and they just didn't click on camera. At least, I didn't think they clicked at all.
I tend to agree, it felt very contrived how they were writing her as this love interest in the show. It doesn't matter if she is back or not, as I like the core team.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just saw the episode on DVR. I agree Lori did take time away from the other members. And the love interest aspect was something they obviously tried to make work from the beginning.
But the other girl, Lt. Rollins whom McGarrett ships off with to the Enterprise, I recall seeing her as his on again, off again girl friend. I guess they felt she had a better connection with McGarrett.
I agree Scott, I think Lori could have stayed, she grew on me over time as she became more part of the team. But as the dialogue stated, she fell for him, and not the other way around.
I wonder how much trouble the team is though. The Govenor said to Chin he wasn't getting off that easy. If Lori is out, whose going to be watching?
I see that last night's episode brings back the girl that Danny liked last year. I wonder if that means it's over with Danny's ex and he getting back together. I'll have to watch the episode. I liked her on No Ordinary Family.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I just had a chance to watch this week's episode and didn't even notice Lori missing until I came to this thread.
I think that, for me, she just never really made much of a lasting impact. Unfortunately.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Regarding Lori Weston.. E! Spoiler chat....
AllysonKoerner: This isn’t the last we’ve seen of Lauren German aka Lori Weston on Hawaii Five-0, is it? Please tell me no.
We took your Q right to executive producer Peter Lenkov today, who answered right back: “We never say never again on Five-0. She’s still alive, right?” So you know what that means, right? Keeeeepwatching!
On a side note. I do like McGarrett with Rollins

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
ToddS,
Thanks. I did come across that article when I was searching for my answer. Much appreciated, though. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just saw last nights episode.
For those who were outraged by the episode that had a Subway sandwich commercial, what about last night's episode? The scene where Kono and Max are examining the crime scene and uses a tablet with cameras to take shots of the evidence and then email and then do a FaceTime chat with Chin and Danno on their tablet looked like quite a nice little demo for Microsoft!
I find it amusing, the team mostly uses Windows based devices and McGarrett continues to use an iPhone. I saw more power to McGarrett as I type this on my iPad! :)
So back to the episode, I'm disappointed that Danny appears to be letting go of getting back with his ex wife. It's looked promising there at the end of the first season. Then they appear to have split them up. And they've reengaged Danny with Dr. Asano. While I like her too, I was hoping the ex would get back with Danny. Oh well, as the quote above said, never say never on Hawaii Five-0.
By the way, I was checking the wiki for the episode list. Looks like we are 17 episodes in and they only list 19 for the season. So maybe they don't have the info for the rest. I am assuming a standard 24 episode season.
That might resolve the story lines with Joe, Lori, Dr. Asano or Rachel, Noshimuri and Wo Fat.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Nelson Au /t/314916/hawaii-5-0-season-2-thread/60#post_3900142
I just saw last nights episode.
For those who were outraged by the episode that had a Subway sandwich commercial, what about last night's episode? The scene where Kono and Max are examining the crime scene and uses a tablet with cameras to take shots of the evidence and then email and then do a FaceTime chat with Chin and Danno on their tablet looked like quite a nice little demo for Microsoft!
I find it amusing, the team mostly uses Windows based devices and McGarrett continues to use an iPhone. I saw more power to McGarrett as I type this on my iPad!
So back to the episode, I'm disappointed that Danny appears to be letting go of getting back with his ex wife. It's looked promising there at the end of the first season. Then they appear to have split them up. And they've reengaged Danny with Dr. Asano. While I like her too, I was hoping the ex would get back with Danny. Oh well, as the quote above said, never say never on Hawaii Five-0.
By the way, I was checking the wiki for the episode list. Looks like we are 17 episodes in and they only list 19 for the season. So maybe they don't have the info for the rest. I am assuming a standard 24 episode season.
That might resolve the story lines with Joe, Lori, Dr. Asano or Rachel, Noshimuri and Wo Fat.
There will definitely be more than 19 episodes for the season. I suspect the remaining episodes are still being written/final drafted for production and just haven't made it to the internet.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The Halloween episode was below-par. Robert Englund was wasted, and the best scenes were with Danno (like the ending with him moving into his new apartment). The next episode "Healing" was more better, but not as good as the episodes at the start of the season. The best thing to do with this show is try and not think too much about whether the writing will be intelligent (what I find so annoying is when they follow up or break up a serious part of the show with something very light-hearted (accompanied by that music they keep playing).

Some interesting episodes coming up though.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I enjoyed seeing James Caan on this weeks episode. They also left it open for him to be a semi regular. I hope they utilize that opportunity. He fit right into the part. I got a kick out of his comments on their CSI:Miami style computer. He couldn't believe it either.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Very enjoyable seeing father and son snark each other (loved him calling Danno "Muscles"), and I'm glad for the suggestion his character might be a recurring one. His flip attitude added some zip to the episode.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Caan was good.. as usual. I wonder thou what's going on with O'Laughlin ? The Las two episodes he has been surprising Gaunt looking and thin, just look at his face, has he been sick?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Dave Scarpa said:
I wonder thou what's going on with O'Laughlin ? The Las two episodes he has been surprising Gaunt looking and thin, just look at his face, has he been sick?
Dave,
I think it's because he's afraid he may not get to see Lori again. ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I agree Caan's appearance was good. I was wondering though why they didn't make him Danny's father. But this way, he could play a slightly shady character. The nick names were good too, felt like Lost again.
The story was boring though, I nodded off. :(
Oh yeah, I thought the one break through was Masi loosing his composure when his van was stolen. He was acting more like a real person, then his normal way of playing the Doc.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/314916/hawaii-5-0-season-2-thread/60#post_3900210
There will definitely be more than 19 episodes for the season. I suspect the remaining episodes are still being written/final drafted for production and just haven't made it to the internet.
On EpGuides.com it has up to episode 19 for the second season (with a CBS premiere airdate of March 19th).

Assuming the two-part crossover with NCIS: Los Angeles will begin on Hawaii Five-0 and conclude the following night (instead of it beginning on NCIS: Los Angeles and concluding the following Monday night), and that there will be 24 episodes again this season, I'm guessing the crossover will be episode 22 or 23 (if it's airing in May sweeps).

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Reported last night: Alex O'Laughlin is going to be in rehab when episode 20 finishes shooting tomorrow. Apparently that episode will be a "coroner heavy" one, and the season will be 23 episodes long in total.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks