What's new

Paramount+ Star Trek: Picard - Season Three (1 Viewer)

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
We finished watching the series on Wednesday night. That was great. I've read all your comments through page 36 so far. I'll read more later.

I started watching the special features on the Blu-ray. I am glad I waited until after watching the whole series as there definitely are "spoilers" for later episodes in the special features on Disc One. I thought there might be since I was surprised when watching the first season of Discovery. The special features on early discs gave away some things for later.

Still, some nice features there and I do plan on listening to the commentaries in the weeks ahead. There a bunch of those. They should be entertaining.

By the way, assuming there are no cancellations, I'll be seeing Todd Stashwick and Ashlei Sharpe Chestnut at the Shore Leave convention at the end of July. I am psyched for that.
Season 3 of Picard is pretty darn good. I would love to see a spin off with the characters from Picard.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The best thing to do to mollify the fans would be a movie or just to do a pilot, air it and see how it flies.

I agree.

I also can’t help but wonder how the powers that be feel about Matalas’s maneuvering - it’s not necessarily politically correct behavior from an employee to their employer.

He pitched them an idea for Star Trek Legacy before Picard had wrapped. They apparently didn’t respond to his pitch. So then he goes and adds a tag scene to the Picard finale that’s a cliffhanger of sorts to set up a show that Paramount hasn’t agreed to make, and on top of that, goes directly to the fans to tell them his proposal and asks fans to contact Paramount to tell them they want that show.

As a fan, I appreciate that someone on the inside is advocating for programming I want to watch, but if I worked for Paramount, I’d probably be pretty pissed at the maneuvering.

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
I agree.

I also can’t help but wonder how the powers that be feel about Matalas’s maneuvering - it’s not necessarily politically correct behavior from an employee to their employer.

He pitched them an idea for Star Trek Legacy before Picard had wrapped. They apparently didn’t respond to his pitch. So then he goes and adds a tag scene to the Picard finale that’s a cliffhanger of sorts to set up a show that Paramount hasn’t agreed to make, and on top of that, goes directly to the fans to tell them his proposal and asks fans to contact Paramount to tell them they want that show.

As a fan, I appreciate that someone on the inside is advocating for programming I want to watch, but if I worked for Paramount, I’d probably be pretty pissed at the maneuvering.
Agreed. I’d rather see what Matalas proposes than Star Fleet Academy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reel-to-reel
Recent bookmarks