What's new

Hawaii 5-0 - season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I think Kono is working with the IA guy to go after corruption....but, I don't think it has to do with Wo Fat. I think it's some other bad guys. Especially, since I read that their are some some other celebs who signed up to do guest appearances this season.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
todd s said:
I think Kono is working with the IA guy to go after corruption....but, I don't think it has to do with Wo Fat. I think it's some other bad guys. Especially, since I read that their are some some other celebs who signed up to do guest appearances this season.
After tonight's episode it definitely looks like she is undercover.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
The actor who played Kono in the original series got fired after a couple of seasons for making racist (anti-Haoli) comments and was replaced by "Duke".

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson and Hugh,
Thank you both for the information regarding the original actor who played Kono. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You're welcome Scott!
I just saw this past week's episode. The last scene with Kono is sort of confusing. She appears to be under duress as she logs onto her HPD account. It appears to me that the Sizemore character is forcing her to do this undercover operation. It's confusing as it could mean she's being forced, but perhaps she was assigned this job. And McGarrett's lack of concern for her to me could mean he knows what's going in. Or the writers are just ignoring the team and only showing Chin Ho's concern.
Still not liking Masa's characterization of Dr. Bergman. It's so out of place.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I watched the most recent episode last night. Again, it was excellent. I was right about Kono, but wrong about a few other things. I do love how the show has kept me guessing with regard to a few aspects. And the intensity of the series seems to be increasing quite a lot lately. I'm also enjoying the banter between Steve and Danny a whole lot more this season than last.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I do not like the new female agent on the team, and it's pretty obvious they're plotting her as an upcoming romantic interest for Steve. Another show with sexual tension between agents is not a very appealing prospect.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Finally caught up with last week's episode. Glad to see the Kono plot resolved. I figured Lori's involvement with the team would end or diminish once Kono rejoins the team. But perhaps she'll stay since the Governor placed her there to watch them. Haven't seen last night's episode yet, so maybe this was addressed.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,
I have yet to see last night's episode either. But I hope Lori stays on the team.
I also found out that over the weekend, the Tsunami episode was DVR'd -- this is great, since it's the one episode we have yet to see from the first(?) season.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, was that the one with stolen money hidden in the sand bags? I missed it too, but caught it during the repeat.
Looks like Hawaii Five 0 has surpassed Castle in the last week. I like watching both shows, so it's too bad they have to fight it out in the ratings war.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
Looks like Hawaii Five 0 has surpassed Castle in the last week. I like watching both shows, so it's too bad they have to fight it out in the ratings war.
Since both shows appear to be doing well enough in the ratings war to comfortably ward off cancellation, the only thing left is bragging rights and that doesn't really matter.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Scott, was that the one with stolen money hidden in the sand bags? I missed it too, but caught it during the repeat.
Nelson,
I guess so. I haven't seen it yet. I hope it's good, though. I can't imagine it will be nearly as good as episodes from season two, but that's okay. :)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Heroes reunion when Greg Grunberg appears on the show tonight. Yes, he does have a scene with Masi Oka.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
NeilO said:
Heroes reunion when Greg Grunberg appears on the show tonight. Yes, he does have a scene with Masi Oka.
They even played on it. Masi opens up their introduction by saying "I know you...". :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought that reunion bit with Masi and Greg was a bit over played by Masi's acting.
I just got caught up with last Thanksgiving week's episode where McGarrett helps Jenna find her finance. That was a pretty well done episode. It reveals some more about the mystery of McGarrett's father. And glad to see the continuity of Wade and 2 of his guys helping out. Good to see Joe didn't get killed.
Sad to see Jenna go.
What was up with Lori hugging McGarrett? Is she liking him? Not sure about the Chin Ho engagement. :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I figured Lori had been set up to be Steve's love interest for a while (though they had downplayed it in some of the recent episodes until this particular one). I am not on board with members of the team romantically involved (Steve and Danny's bromance not included).

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
True, the episode at the beginning of the season hinted at the romance when they first meet at the Governor's office. And the recent kick boxing fighting episode, they were together in the locker room and she was tying his gloves.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I can't understand why the bad guy thought he'd get away with everything in last night's episode. He managed to get the cocaine evidence destroyed, but all of the day's actions ultimately could be traced back to him.
Meanwhile, the Shelbourne mystery took another weird turn. I wonder what Joe White is up to. He definitely knows more than he tells McGarrett, but he is also helping him along to something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks