What's new

Gregory Peck Dies (1 Viewer)

Magnus Nord

Agent
I just read the news :frowning:, its sad.. and look what i just got in the mail... my 'to kill a mockingbird' DVD .. :frowning: , R.I.P Mr.Peck

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
It's definitely a sad day. Mr. Peck was one of the last from his generation and I fear that in a few more years, the remaining ties to old Hollywood will be gone also (Kirk Douglas, Mickey Rooney, Katherine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall, Bob Hope, etc..)

I had other movie plans for the weekend, but it looks like that is changing into a Gregory Peck marathon. I haven't watched either my "Gentleman's Agreement" or "To Kill a Mockingbird" since I purchased them and that will be rectified this weekend. I recently watched "Spellbound" and "Roman Holiday"

What a phenomonal talent!!

R.I.P.

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
Peck starred in one of my favorite "old" movies "12-O'clock High."

When I was watching the AFI Hero list, and Indy was #2, I could not imagine who could possibly be #1....but then they showed Peck as Atticus Finch....and I had to give it to 'em.

Indy did a lot of action hero stuff, but usually because he got himself into such crazy situations...what Finch did in Mockingbird was truly heroic.

RIP Mr.Peck

Jeff Gross

Second Unit
Here's info on the TCM Tribute:

Gregory Peck Tribute

In honor of Gregory Peck, who died on June 12, TCM is altering it's Monday night schedule to pay tribute to the Oscar®-winning actor.

The new evening schedule for 6/16 will be:

6:00 AM Man with a Million
7:30 AM The Great Sinner
9:30 AM The Valley of Decision
11:30 AM Designing Woman
1:30 PM Pork Chop Hill
3:30 PM The Yearling
6:00 PM Moby Dick
8:00 PM A Conversation with Gregory Peck
10:00 PM The Big Country
1:00 AM MacArthur
3:30 AM The Paradine Case
5:30 AM Festival of Shorts #17

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
To the younger members who don't know who Gregory Peck was, rent some of his movies and see what is sorely missing from most Hollywood actors of today. That's right, it's called class. I recommend "On The Beach" nowadays for folks not familiar with Mr. Peck.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
To the younger members who don't know who Gregory Peck was, rent some of his movies and see what is sorely missing from most Hollywood actors of today.
I think I might have to check some of his films out sometime. I also want to recommend To Kill A Mockingbird! Excellent film.

Jonathan.e

Stunt Coordinator
There aren’t many actors who I’d watch regardless of the film they were in but Mr Peck was one of them.

RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks