What's new

Gregory Peck Dies (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
If I recall correctly, the commentary on the To Kill a Mockingbird DVD, states that Harper Lee gave Mr. Peck her father’s pocket watch—which she treasured and features very prominently in both her novel and the film.

What a tribute.

Arman

Screenwriter
I just watched Roman Holiday (my first for the new AFI challenges) the other day.

Thank you and R.I.P, Mr. Peck!

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
From Lewt McCanles to Atticus Finch, it was a pleasure to have him working in the movies.
We're not supposed to be sad, 87 is a generous amount of time on Earth. But, dammit this hurts.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
April 5, 1916 --> June 12, 2003.

Gregory was born in La Jolla, California.
Can someone tell me where La Jolla is within the state of California? (Just curious.)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I was stunned when I saw the news. Gregory Peck was one of the all time greats,
a star of the first magnitude, he will be missed.

RIP. :frowning:

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
:frowning:

Gregory was excellent as Atticus Finch in To Kill A Mockingbird. I just saw that movie for the first time recently in English class, and really enjoyed it. Sad to hear that he passed away.

R.I.P. Gregory. Film enthusiasts around the world will forever remember your extraordinary talent.

Tim RH

Second Unit
This is indeed sorrowful news. :frowning: TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD is one of my all-time favorite films. You're my man, Peck! You will be missed and remembered for a long time to come, I know.

R.I.P. and thanks for all the classic memories. :emoji_thumbsup:

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Just like Vickie those Mockingbird quotes brought tears to my eyes, man what a quote to throw at a guy, Evan.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I just recently introduced myself to Mr. Peck's work - within the last few weeks I viewed Mockingbird and Gentlemen's Agreement for the first time. He instantly became a favorite of mine, based on those two performances. How sad.

Jon

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
The sun just set a little further on Hollywood's Golden Era.

A gentleman of taste, discretion, and modesty. How rare a quality in actors these days.

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
My hero is dead.

In life we shall find many men that are great, and some that are good, but very few men that are both great and good.
CHARLES CALEB COLTEN

"A man like him, is very rare."
Ramon Guiteras in The Big Country

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I noticed that a lot of you refer to his older films but I must encourage those who haven't to see "Other People's Money". A dignified yet stubborn man who tries everything to hold onto his dream. His showdown with Danny Devito is memorable indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks