What's new

Frankenstein/Classic Monsters: The Legacy Collection DVD by Universal (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Matt Fig

That is the box set I ordered. My question was if they will be releasing another set with other movies such as The Mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Phantom of the Opera, The Invisible Man, etc... (I am sure maybe one isn't Universal that I mentioned but you get the idea).

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
When the original Universal "Monsters" were released on DVD they all had a Universal introduction that featured clips from each of the movies...Plus... (i think!!!)...moments from some of Universal held Hammer titles....were any of these ever released??

thanks
bob

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I'm beginning to have hope that the new monster sets may have improved prints. After all, if we go by the new Abbott & Costello Set, it seems Universal tried to do better. They improved BUCK PRIVATES, for one thing.

James Reader

Screenwriter

The only Hammer production was The Phantom of the Opera. I suspect they edited the wrong version into the montage by mistake (no clips from Universal's Phantoms were shown)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
...hummmm....i have the duel LaserDisc release of PHANTOM OF THE OPERA/PARANOIAC, the blurb at the both plot descriptions reads "A HAMMER FILM PRODUCTION". But perhaps Universal only held the rights for LaserDisc release?? A couple of on-line cites list such titles as KISS OF THE VAMPIRE and EVIL OF FRANKENSTEIN as in Universal hands.

Jack Theakston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack Theakston
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA was a co-production between Hammer and (then) Universal-International. MCA/Universal owns HV rights to that title, which is also why it's included in the 1943 version's documentary. U doesn't own the rights to the 1925 version, the most iconic of the versions of the story, since they missed copyright renewal for it in the early 1950s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks