1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Crackling from speakers.....

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Livestrong, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Livestrong

Livestrong Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I have the SVS 5.1 setup with 5 scs-01's and a PB12 Plus woofer. I noticed a slight crackle coming from the rear speakers. I've never noticed it on movies or games, I noticed it on some of the channels on cable. Is it possible it's just bad sound on that particular channel or could it be something a little more serious.
    I have only had the system for a few weeks and I've never turned it up past -20 Db. I can't see the speakers being blown, or the amp being messed up. Does anyone have any suggestions at all??

Much appreciated [​IMG]

2. Livestrong

BUMP

3. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Well-Known Member

Ed
    If it's only happening on that one channel, then yes, I'd say it's the channel, otherwise it would happen on everything. If it's happening on other channels, but only on tv, it may be cable/sat box.

4. Livestrong

Thanks for the reply Ed [​IMG] I'm going to go through the channels and see if it happens on all or just some, and I'm going to check all of speaker connections just to double check there are no issues there either [​IMG]