What's new

Crackling from speakers..... (1 Viewer)

Livestrong

Agent
Real Name
Kerry
Hi all,

I have the SVS 5.1 setup with 5 scs-01's and a PB12 Plus woofer. I noticed a slight crackle coming from the rear speakers. I've never noticed it on movies or games, I noticed it on some of the channels on cable. Is it possible it's just bad sound on that particular channel or could it be something a little more serious.
I have only had the system for a few weeks and I've never turned it up past -20 Db. I can't see the speakers being blown, or the amp being messed up. Does anyone have any suggestions at all??

Much appreciated
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
If it's only happening on that one channel, then yes, I'd say it's the channel, otherwise it would happen on everything. If it's happening on other channels, but only on tv, it may be cable/sat box.

Livestrong

Agent
Real Name
Kerry
Thanks for the reply Ed
I'm going to go through the channels and see if it happens on all or just some, and I'm going to check all of speaker connections just to double check there are no issues there either

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks