What's new

Any more news on Masters of the Universe (He Man)? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

It's as if MOTU is recieving renewed popularity. I love it. Even last night's episode of "Family Guy" had a hilarious 'He-Man' spoof which left me laughing hysterically. I'm psyched about the DVD releases. It's great to see my most favorite cartoon from my childhood make a comeback. I love it.

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator
I got this from the DVD producers (or marketing company yesterday) I dont think its exclusive so I'll post it-
~ He-Man and the Masters of the Universe DVD Update ~

-----------------------------------------------------

The latest news on the Best Of He-Man DVD is about its appearance at San Diego's Comic-Con. He-Man will be having a tremendous presence at the TOWER BOOTH (#4729), where Lou Scheimer (among other notables associated with He-Man) will be making appearances. Autograph sessions will be held throughout the event as well as panel discussions.

BCI will be filming a variety of activity at the Tower booth to use in upcoming documentary features for upcoming He-Man DVD releases!

PREVIEW NIGHT of Comic-Con is on Wednesday, July 13th. A limited number of He-Man DVDs will be available for sale at the TOWER booth!! People who buy the DVD will automatically be entered in a drawing to receive an original He-Man animation cel. The winner will be announced on Thursday during a panel discussion. Another raffle will be held on Thursday with the winner announced during Friday's panel discussion.

Be on the look out for He-Man advertisements on TV and in magazines. Cartoon Network has an awesome commercial airing in July and running throughout the month announcing the release of the He-Man DVDs. There will also be a full page advertisement for the DVDs in Mad Magazine and a great ad in DC Comic starting July 8th.

***Thanks for taking an interest in the Best of He-Man DVD!! Don't forget, all the information (old and new) is always on our Myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/18711062. I hope this was helpful...so until the next update...

Joe:C

Second Unit
It's good to see BCI Eclipse is really putting a lot into the marketing and advertising. Hopefully these sell well and BCI gets the She-Ra license.

Second Unit
BCI has done a pretty extensive q&a over at He-Man.org.

-S1P1-Oct.18
-Christmas Special-before Christmas 2005
-3 months between each set

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I am officially pumped. This is two weeks away, the season sets are coming at a rather fast clip AND the Christmas Special. Not to mention New Adventures. Just get me She-Ra and the 2002 series (damn whoever cancelled it) and I will be VERY happy.

This sounds freaking awesome!

Kieran Brown

Agent
Are the special features on the 'Best Of' DVD set going to be included on the box sets that get released later on, or are they special features only for the 'Best Of' DVD set?

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Kieran - The two documentaries featured on the 'Best of' discs are the first two parts of the documentary series that will be continued on the season set releases. These parts will be unique to the 'Best of' sets. The exclusive art cards contained in these sets will also not be repeated in the season sets. I planned on buying this for those two reasons, plus I can't wait to see these again. And it helps that, as a Reward Zone member, I'll be scoring this 2-disc set for $12.99 at Best Buy on Tuesday.

Kieran Brown

Agent
Sounds cool. I'll definitely be buying it. :emoji_thumbsup: I guess even if the special features did carry over to the box sets I would still buy this 'Best Of' set so that I could see the episodes I've wanted to see again for a long time and to tie me over till the box sets come out.
Unfortunately it doesn't come out till August 31 in Australia. I'll just have to count down the days. ;)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Jason - BB has several titles on sale for RZ members this Tuesday. Most of them are $5 less than for everybody else, but there are a couple that are like $2-3 less (He-Man is $14.99 this week for non-RZ members). They do the special pricing thing for RZ members seems like once a month or so. Sealab is a title that will be $5 less for RZ members.

But now that you mention it, I also have a $5 cert in my wallet, so this is only gonna cost me $7.99. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Dane--Thank you SO much for that news. I've got my RZ card and two $5 GC's I was planning on using this week. I might now have to...and I can save them for Earth 2.

Definately, definately getting the best of set and the season sets.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Is this definitely coming to Canada?? I ask only because I've checked a number of different places (HMV, Music World, Future Shop, Zellers, Best Buy & Cinema 1) and NONE of these stores have it listed for release. I know the above Q&A stated that it would be at most of these stores, yet we're 2 days away from release and they don't have one iota of information. Amazon.ca has it listed. However, they also have the future season 1 set listed as an import. Is this one of those deals where the US will get the release whereas we don't? "All in the Family" and "The King of Queens" come to mind. I really don't want to miss out on this, or even pay the outrageous prices for imports. But, I will if I must.

Second Unit
The artwork for Season 1 Volume 1 is up at Tvshowsondvd.

I finished the "best of" and I have to say I'm very pleased. There has been a lot of fuss raised on other sites about the PAL thing, but I must say it was unnoticable to me. Maybe if you do a side-by-side comparison or are very familiar with the episodes you may notice the speed-up, otherwise I think it's a non-issue. It was great seeing these episodes and I thought the documentaries were interesting. The only negative I can think of is I have to wait three more months for the next set. :)

For those that haven't found the easter eggs:
Disc 1: highlight Special Features and keep pressing up until the Sorceress apears
Disc 2: highlight Play All and then press up,right,up,right and the Sorceress should apear again

KyleC

Supporting Actor
So how is it? I plan on getting it soon. I have $10 reward zone coupon so I'll be getting it for $4.99.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ I'm with ya, Joe. I managed to get through all 10 episodes plus the two docs in three days. And then I was sitting there saying "I want more".

Honestly, for a 20 year old cartoon no one thought much of, the picture is pretty clean. The only part that makes me wince a little is the Adam to He-Man transformatioon. It just looks old and worn out. But other than that, I'm very pleased.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I picked it up yesterday from Best Buy. WOW! The packaging alone gets you all excited. It's bright and very colorful. The discs have great art on them and the menus are well done. This is the best put together cartoon on DVD I've seen yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks