What's new

Directors A Better (Blank) By (Blank) Is... (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, I noticed that earlier but didn't know if it was a case of not paying attention. So, I'll respond to Brad, who was the last one to di it correctly and let you guys decide how to handle it.

But Charlton Heston was even campier in Ben-Hur.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Before Fred Niblo took on Ben-Hur, he directed one of Valentino's most famous films, Blood and Sand

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Not your fault, Marc. I took it from Chinatown to PotA. Jason took it from Chinatown to Batman. John corrected course and took it from PotA to Ben-Hur.

Then Bill McA came in and drove the train off the rails into obscure-ville again. :D :D :D

Brad

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Yeah sorry about that. I completely misread Brads post. Figures I try and jump into this thing and already muck it up.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
What’s obscure about movies from the 20s? ;)

But back on topic, Rudolph Valentino may have been good in Blood and Sand, but his iconic role was The Sheik.

BTW Jason, not a problem jumping in, just go with the (current flow).

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I think every single individual involved with Brokeback Mountain probably hit their artistic and creative peak with that film, but isn't it interesting that Randy Quaid was also in another really good movie that Larry McMurtry was involved in writing....The Last Picture Show.

(And Heath was sexier than Jake...and hell of a performance too...just thought I'd throw that in...and the Bottoms brothers were pretty hot looking circa the latter film...but I digress...)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
But Jeff Bridges would hit his apex as everybody's favorite inbiber of White Russian's - The Dude in The Big Lebowski

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
But Tara Reid was better in... ahhh... umm... Fuck it Julianne Moore was better in Boogie Nights

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks