What's new

Directors A Better (Blank) By (Blank) Is... (1 Viewer)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Brook, Udo's role in The Kingdom II is very unusual indeed...saying anything more than that would be a huge spoiler for both films.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
But Lars von Trier showed himself to be more of a manipulative bastard of a director with Dancer in the Dark.

by the way, is there a DVD of Riget II available anywhere? I've only seen the first part...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes, but Peter Stormare was given the most creative use for a chipper in Fargo

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I saw Udo Kier once in a local gay bar. That man is one creepy guy...even in real life, just sitting there. I didn't want to get anywhere near him. :laugh: But that's neither here nor there...

Back to Fargo, eh.... hmmm...

Fargo is a great flick, but my favourite Coen Bros. movie is The Big Lebowski

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Because there wasn't anything, from the craft service to the second assistant chauffeuring that wasn't done better on Toy Story than Punch Drunk Love. :)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Holly Hunter was great in Broadcast News, but really gave an astounding performance in The Piano.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
If absence makes the heart grow fonder, than I'm fonder of Mother, Jugs & Speed because of the absence of Harvey Keitel's "little bishop in a turtleneck"

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member

Yes, it's available with Riget I in a 4-disc Region 2 Danish S.E..

This set has the best looking transfer of the series, it's presented in the original television version, has a Von Trier commentary (select scenes only), on-camera interviews with the cast, a groovy Kingdom music video (featuring Von Trier trying out some moves), a collection of Von Trier-directed Danish TV commercials including an eye-opening one featuring full-frontal male & female nudity including erections!

It's a great DVD! :emoji_thumbsup:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen Moving, but I can't imagine Randy Quaid being funnier than Uncle Eddie in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks