What's new

Directors A Better (Blank) By (Blank) Is... (1 Viewer)

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
Trying to avoid the obvious ties to Hitch and Casablanca, I'll say that Louis Calhern turns in a stronger performance in The Asphalt Jungle.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I could go a couple of ways here....

To avoid a 3rd Lang film in a row...Karl Freund's cinematographic skill was best demonstrated in his collaboration with F.W. Murnau - Herr Tartuff

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Actually I think Karl Freund did his best and most important work on I Love Lucy (which probably doesn't count as a valid result).

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
Steering things back on course :)

Barbara Billingsly is a hell of a lot funnier in Airplane than she ever was in Leave it to Beaver.

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
Just to go somewhere different, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was enjoyable as Murdock, but he was iconic as Hakim in Game of Death

ps look back at the trail of movies this thread has seen. pretty interesting pattern

tyler payne

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
As tempted as I am to observe that Wagner is better at Bayreuth, I’ll confine my comment that Marlon Brando was far, far better in Last Tango in Paris

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
As much as I enjoyed Last Tango in Paris,, I think the extended cut of The Last Emperor is a more impressive Bertolucci film.

As legendary as Gordon Willis' work on The Godfather is, I've always been more impressed with the photography in Manhattan.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I quite enjoyed Michael Murphy's performance in the cult film Strange Behavior

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Maybe, but Louise Fletcher was never better than in Once Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks