What's new

TV for Static Photography display (1 Viewer)

Elfmaze

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble picking a way to do this safely. obviously OLED is out. But looking for a 60 to 65 inch TV for displaying my photographs.

From what I've gathered I'm avoiding OLED like the plague, IPS panels might be a bit risky, VA panels look like the most resistant to Burn in or image retention

Vizio seemes to have some displays in the E, M and P series. samsung also has some in the same ish range just under a grand.. And then the samsung QLED series might look a bit better... But its really hard to judge a TV at the best buy while the screens are all rocking football :(

on the hardware side of things. Ambient light sensing seems to be a requirement as the room will be dark at night vs high sun during the day. I will probably need to rotate the image to avoid burn in( about how many hours do you think I can get away with?)

I have though of using a motion sensor to turn the display off or at least blank the screen when noone is around to help protect the display. I have found a unit from videoteldigita the VP90 that is pricey but will fit the bill. otherwise I see a custom rasberry Pi build in the future.

Any Ideas?

Elfmaze

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
For the screen blanking I wonder about cutting the HDMI cable Vcc line and adding a relay to switch it on and off. Might work?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks