What's new

Directors A Better (Blank) By (Blank) Is... (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Bernard Herrman didn't write the score for Rear Window so that's not a valid entry. Frankly, I'm having a hard time thinking of anything that anyone who did work on Rear Window ever did better.

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
Audrey Hepburn was even more sublime in Sabrina (trying not to re-use Charade, an absolute favorite of mine too George :) ).

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
i guess if I said Henri-Cartier Bresson was a better photographer than a second assistant director that would end it eh?

so instead I say that Crime of Monsieur Lange has a better plot than Rules of the Game

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Just to avoid letting the thread die out because of my dearth of knowledge regarding French cinema, I'll take a controversial cheap pathway out and say that Ants in the Pantry was a better film from that year. And yes, Ants in the Pantry is a Three Stooges short. I was one year off of being able to select either Day at the Races or A Night at the Opera and the only other funny crap I know of from the mid-'30's is the Stooges and Buster Keaton. So Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!

Brad

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I thought you would play the Udo Kier card, Bill. He's so good as Dracula I couldn't think of anything that topped it, but then I haven't seen The Kingdom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks